Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
South Hamilton Middle/High School is an above average, public school located in Jewell, IA. It has 363 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
South Hamilton Middle/High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A71 Students
- A45 Students
- B-33 Students
- B+28 Students
- B20 Students
- A14 Students
- B-14 Students
- B-12 Students
- B-12 Students
- B10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responses
- Homecoming Week33%
- Prom on the road33%
- Spring Fling33%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
South Hamilton Middle/High School Reviews
What I really like about South Hamilton Middle/High School was our agricultural program in the school. The classes I took were Ag Mechanics, Animal Science I and II, and will be taking Agricultural Business this following spring. In the Ag Mechanics class, I really enjoyed rebuilding my grandfather's old 1954 Farmall 300 and got to learn more about rebuilding machinery. In both the Animal Science I and II classes, I got to learn more about the different breeds of livestock and the anatomy of the various animals. I also really enjoyed our weightlifting program in our athletics department. I have gotten faster and strong throughout high school and have paid off in the sports that I have participated in. I participated in Cross Country, Basketball, and Track/Field. I got to experience fantastic coaching and enjoyed making friendships through the different sports that I have participated in. If it was not for South Hamilton Middle/High School, I would not have been the person I am today.
I love how my school isn’t a huge school and it isn’t a super small school. I am able to go our for every sport without try outs and I can be in the band with out try outs. My school also doesn’t have any bullies that I know of which is pretty awesome! There most likely is some minor bullying but I don’t notice any! The staff also does there best to make a good experience for the students!
South Hamilton has an amazing community that loves and cares for their kids. They value both education and athletics and are supportive of the decisions you make and how you choose to live out your morals and values. I wouldn't change a thing about it.