South Hadley High School is an above average, public school located in South Hadley, MA. It has 537 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
South Hadley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A83 Students
- C+34 Students
- C+30 Students
- A+28 Students
- B26 Students
- A+21 Students
- B19 Students
- B19 Students
- B18 Students
- B-18 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like South Hadley High School
- B-Southwick Regional School
- Southwick-Tolland-Granville Regional School District, MA
- 127 reviews
- BLudlow Senior High School
- Ludlow Public Schools, MA
- 96 reviews
- A-East Longmeadow High School
- East Longmeadow Public Schools, MA
- 113 reviews
- BWestfield High School
- Westfield Public Schools, MA
- 198 reviews
South Hadley High School Reviews
South Hadley is a big clique. There is a clear division between athletics and band or theater students. There is still bullying. Parents can call the school asking for changes and changes are never made. Students pay for parking and the superintendent holds events and makes it so that all students may not have a parking spot and forces students to go home or park illegally and get a ticket. Administration does not make situations better, they make it worse. I was not challenged in my courses. Students are often roaming the halls or playing on their phones. Teachers are often not in school, or on long leaves which makes learning difficult.
This high school offers very rigorous classes. It also keeps a safe environment for all students and is very inclusive. The teachers are understanding, kind, and dedicated to their jobs.
It was a fun learning experience with great teachers. The teachers do a good job of connecting with the student and develop good relationships. The school is on the smaller end, but easy to navigate and get to class.