Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade C
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B minus
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C
South Glens Falls Senior High School is an above average, public school located in South Glens Falls, NY. It has 943 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
South Glens Falls Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade C70 Students
- grade B minus40 Students
- grade B minus39 Students
- grade B+38 Students
- grade A minus37 Students
- grade A33 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade B+32 Students
- grade B29 Students
- grade A29 Students
Living in the Area
grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade B
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 18 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 18 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 65 responses
- South High Marathon Dance26%
- Marathon Spirit Week9%
- Playing sports and attending sporting events9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,193 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 26 responses
Schools like South Glens Falls Senior High School
- grade B+Schuylerville Junior/Senior High School
- Schuylerville Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.84 out of 5 69 reviews
- grade BHudson Falls High School
- Hudson Falls Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.53 out of 5 40 reviews
- grade B+Lake George Junior/Senior High School
- Lake George Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.93 out of 5 29 reviews
- grade B+Greenwich Junior/Senior High School
- Greenwich Central School District, NY
- Rating 4.24 out of 5 51 reviews
South Glens Falls Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.46 out of 5 125 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
South Glens Falls is an interesting school district, you either get amazing teachers that care and are willing to do anything to help or teachers that just shrug off the kids if they are not up to par. Luckily I have encountered very few of these teachers but I have heard lots of stories from just about everyone. The administration is very bias to who's who and stuff like that but everything in this world comes down to internal politics. The only real outstanding thing about South High is the marathon dance and even that turns into a popularity contest among the students. There is not much help from teachers unless you reach out first. Not saying that is wrong but some students need that extra outreach sometimes. My school experience has been good but I would never tell someone hey move to South High and personally I can not wait to get out of that place onto better places.
My experience at South High has been very positive. Along with a strong focus on academics, character and preparation for the future are also regarded highly. Many programs are offered in sports and the arts to help students further their skills and abilities and take part in something they are passionate about. Teachers at South High care deeply about their students and do all they can to help them become the best they can be. If a student is struggling with something, the teachers will try to help and let them know that they always have someone to turn to if they are struggling or just need someone to talk to. The South High Marathon Dance is a dance held every year that raises money for people in need in the community. Students dance for 28 hours in support of the recipients and the community comes together to support this special cause. These are some of the reasons why South Glens Falls High School is a highly commendable school and I would recommend it to anyone.
Not a large school size, relatively small. Teachers are welcoming and respectful, open to help at any time. There is lots of school spirit. The academic classes offered, give an early jumpstart to college. The Athletics are pretty good, some sports more dominant in the league than others.