Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
South Gibson County High School is an above average, public school located in Medina, TN. It has 734 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
South Gibson County High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B121 Students
- A-108 Students
- B-87 Students
- C+76 Students
- B76 Students
- B73 Students
- B66 Students
- B-63 Students
- A-50 Students
- A-49 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 35 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like South Gibson County High School
- BGibson County High School
- Gibson County Special School District, TN
- 59 reviews
- B+Peabody High School
- Trenton Special School District, TN
- 95 reviews
- B-Milan High School
- Milan Special School District, TN
- 80 reviews
- BSouth Side High School
- Madison County School District, TN
- 71 reviews
South Gibson County High School Reviews
I am currently a freshman at South Gibson County high school. Though I have only been in attendance for a year, i believe i have a very good understanding of the school and environment. SGC’s academics are much more advanced than some surrounding schools, their academics are outstanding compared to others. The facilities are mostly clean. The faculty and staff members are very approachable and helpful. They are involved with their students and help them grow. There are clubs and groups for about anything you can think of! It’s very welcoming and warm! SGC is very involved with sports such as football, basketball, soccer, volleyball, and band. The music program could be improved.
As a student at South Gibson, I feel that I have been given opportunities that would not have been available at other public schools. For example, each freshman class gets to take a field trip to an obstacle course focused on team work. The ACES course brings the whole grade together and gives us a fun day away. Also, we are given multiple practice ACT tests and post-secondary opportunities. The teachers truly care about us and want to see their students succeed. If I could change one thing about SGC it would be the size of the student body. I came to Medina when I was six years old. Then, I could tell you the name of every student that walked the halls of the elementary school. Now the class of 2022 consists of 200 plus students! Our little town has blossomed quickly. Ultimately, I wish all of us could be closer because we only have a few years left. I will always be in debt to South Gibson for the lessons I have learned and the friendships I have been given.
I feel like South Gibson County really offered a lot of opportunity for students to get a head start on college. They offered multiple AP classes along with dual enrollment classes. I also felt like the teaching staff at South Gibson was very advanced as well. Many of the teachers I had were very qualified in the information they were teaching. Also, South Gibson offered ways for students to get a head start in their career. South Gibson offers classes like Clinical Internship and Nursing Education which allowed students to leave during the last block of the day and head to either a nursing home or some other form of medical clinic to shadow and learn about the career they are wanting to pursue.