South Forsyth High School Reviews

Teachers are great but administration is less than competent. 4 years at this school taught me that.
Very diverse and older school here in the county. Highly competitive academics. I do not feel like they prepare us.
Great school. Amazing teachers. Really learned a lot in my 4 years here and allowed me to flourish into an adult ready for college.
Start Your Review of South Forsyth High School
I love South Forsyth High School. I am currently enrolled as a sophomore here, and the academic standards are very high. Our school offers the international baccalaureate program and although its highly selective it provides a good challenge to student, The people here are very high achieving as well, a couple of my current teachers had graduated as valedictorians of their class, and most of the students her do at least 3 or 4 Advanced Placement classes in their high school career. Our school offers many rigor courses and it’s academically excellent, but the food and the facilities could be improved. But overall, South Forsyth is a great school.
The awesome school prepared me for college and allowed me to find my future career and degree. Throughout my four years, I learned a lot and will use it forever.
South Forsyth High School is a wonderful school with wonderful teachers. It is a great place to learn. It is especially fun when you find friends that love learning as much as you do. However, there is an extreme amount of pressure on students. At the end of high school, I should have a GPA of 4.4 or 4.5. Yet, I still feel like I'm falling behind. When you're standing next to someone who took over 20 AP classes, it makes you feel stressed about whether or not you will get into the college you want. It is a competitive learning environment but it motivates you to do better.
The school is very competitive and classes are very big and rigorous. However, students are well prepared for college and life. Also, there is much pressure from parents, students are teachers.
South Forsyth High School is a very organized and well run school that brings many opportunities of learning and growth to their students! The staff is very giving, and not only do teachers focus on their classes as a whole, but they also look out for each individual person. It is a safe environment and a wonderful place for learning.
I love South Forsyth High School. I believe that our administrators truly work to provide resources in order to help students succeed at school and beyond. Some of my teachers have become mentors to me, giving me people to talk to about what is going on in my life. Our marketing department is top notch, with one of the largest DECA chapters in the world. If I could change some things about SFHS, I would want to increase participation of school spirit activities and lessen the competition within the realm of class rank.
One of the things I liked best about South is the wide variety of the different types of classes it provides. It gives students the opportunity to take classes based on their academic level and encourages students to challenge themselves with the level of classes it provides.
South Forsyth high school is a good high school. I honestly think it is the best high school in Forsyth county academic wise. They offer a range of different rigorous courses. Most of the teachers are nice, but the school's administration is really bad. The counselors in this school are worthless. I don't see their purpose and the head counselor is rude. I love the IB program and it gave me an opportunity to think differently. There is a lot of academic competition, but then again there always is. I just think that students in school really don't have a purpose in life besides school. Education itself can't get that far in life. I think a lot of students aren't enjoying their teenage years because they're like robots and they're only command in school?
The teachers are very skilled, and we are very fortunate to have them. Some of the counseling department is extremely unapproachable and not helpful at all.
The school is fabulous! All the teachers are so hardworking and make school enjoyable. There are so many classes offered. There are many talented students as well which makes it a very competitive school.
It was very big and had a lot of opportunities for me when I was in high school. I was very active in FBLA, which gave me an advantage in applying for college.
I enjoyed being a student at south. There was a variety of people in my classes that made it easy to make friends. There was a good selection of courses to take so that I could take classes that I enjoyed.
The school has great teachers and an excellent faculty team. The school provides an innovative learning experience along with interactive social opportunities.
I loved my time at South Forsyth High School. What I loved the most was the puppies that were there every Wednesday. There were so many options for elective classes.
Start Your Review of South Forsyth High School
Good school, all of the teachers were really nice. Sports are big part of south forsyth. This year (2019-2020) we are really working on improving school culture and its working out. Food is okay we cant really change that. Academics are amazing teachers work hard to prepare students for college!
South Forsyth was my school for Freshman and sophomore year. I had fun and a good time with the campus however the academics there weren't the best. Counselling was always slow and never could help. Guidance was towards poor choices scholastically and there weren't any good guides for moving into college life, nor was there any preparation for it.
Teachers are good.but work rigor is unbelievable. . I moved as a sophomore. I had a GPA 3.7 at my school. Did that with no effort. Me attending South Forsyth and i am struggling to make a B in honor level classes. I dont think it is fair how other schools are MUCH EASIER. If you are looking to move to this school,DO NOT. You WILL experience much stress in school. I have friends that i outperformed i last year at my school. Im here, 2 C's and 3 A's and 2 B's. That is a 3.4. My gpa will drop by 0.2 points. Much worse after hat. A popular topic is people taking AP World . NO ONE HAS A B OR HIGHER from what i have heard. They had a multiple choice quiz, sound easy right?A girl in my class had gotten a 12%!Another girl had gotten a 9%! The class average 50% . 2 months, no teacher at south has gave corrections or point back on ANY work.