South Florence High School is a public school located in Florence, SC. It has 1,645 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 63% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
South Florence High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B-332 Students
- A260 Students
- B+200 Students
- B178 Students
- A174 Students
- B+154 Students
- C+115 Students
- C103 Students
- B-93 Students
- C+86 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.22 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.22 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.32 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.30 responses
Schools like South Florence High School
- B-West Florence High School
- Florence 1 Schools, SC
- 379 reviews
- BWilson High School
- Florence 1 Schools, SC
- 179 reviews
- CDarlington High School
- Darlington County School District, SC
- 138 reviews
- CLake City High School
- Florence County School District No. 3, SC
- 119 reviews
South Florence High School Reviews
Academics here are amazing. The teachers encourage us to take AP classes to earn college credits. South Florence is big on college readiness. There are many opportunities for you to take AP classes and also dual credit. Me personally, I recently took 2 dual credit courses and aced them! Starting next semester I'm taking 1 dual credit course. During my senior year, I'm definitely planning on taking more dual credit courses. I'm going to be walking into college with 9+ credit hours and I love it! I'm so thankful that this opportunity is offered at my school.
This is my first year attending South Florence High School. On my first day the staff was very welcoming and caring, always making sure I was okay and checking on me. I cannot say south Florence is the best school because it does in fact have a few flaws. However, the few things that I like about this school is the administrators here, and the several different types of classes they offer. This school also holds a few college classes on campus instead of having students drive out to the college campus. South Florence staff also does their best to talk to students if there are any personal issues going on. In addition, South Florence helps seniors when it comes to college; by offering college application day, college fair, and sending emails regarding scholarships. Even though South Florence does many good things, I would prefer to see the communication among staff to improve. It is pretty difficult to know what is going on in this school without asking the right person.
South Florence is a decent school but every school definitely has its up and downs. They need more support with the arts programs since South Florence is suppose to be the art school out of the three schools nearby. Parent support is definitely needed as well with all the things we have going on between clubs and supports. In my four years of being a students at South Florence, mostly things are student ran. From drill meets in ROTC and to our induction ceremony for Beta Clubs, either ran by a few teachers or mostly students. We would love more parent support in anything besides sports.