South Fayette Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in McDonald, PA. It has 819 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 87% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
South Fayette Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A156 Students
- A+135 Students
- A-98 Students
- A+61 Students
- B-61 Students
- B53 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+41 Students
- A-35 Students
- A-35 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like South Fayette Township High School
- AMoon Senior High School
- Moon Area School District, PA
- 323 reviews
- B+Bethel Park High School
- Bethel Park School District, PA
- 316 reviews
- A-North Hills Senior High School
- North Hills School District, PA
- 365 reviews
- B+South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 200 reviews
South Fayette Township High School Reviews
When I attended South Fayette it had excellent opportunities for clubs, advanced courses, and sports. The majority of the teachers are great and truly care about helping students excel in their studies. Additionally, the transition to college after attending South Fayette was very smooth and I felt completely prepared. The only shocking thing about college was how the GPA scale was different than SF (SF has a weighted GPA for honors and AP classes, which can potentially make your GPA over a 4.0). The only drawbacks I can think of is its lack of diversity and the ever-changing graduation project. Otherwise, the school definitely prepared me for college and had many academic and extracurricular activities available for students.
South Fayette has been a warm and welcoming environment to me since I moved into the district. Every aspect of the school is inviting. The clubs and sports teams provide an encouraging atmosphere for every student that wants to be involved. There is something for everyone at South Fayette. The recent addition to the school adds a new level of technology. The technological aspects of the school are like no other and assist in students in forming to the modern world. One thing I would like to change about South Fayette is the guidance department. The counselors, while helpful at some points, do not always seem interested in what problem you come to them with. At some points, they eat their lunch while meeting with students.
South Fayette is a growing, thoughtful, diverse community of learners led by a motivated new Superintendent. The vast majority of teachers are rock solid. Opportunities for involvement in sports, clubs, the arts are plentiful. That said SF could use some help in terms of diversity training as nearly a third of the population in the lower grades is now Indian. This is a small farm community that has grown in to a bit of an academic powerhouse. As families move in we are started to feel growing pains. Dads who are teachers are coaching varsity sports. Musical Theater instruction is weaker than communities surrounding us with slightly bigger schools. There is no school play only a musical. There is an unrealistic amount of pressure put on students to take AP and honors. We are a rapidly growing district and I hope as the years go on some of these issues will be addressed. There is a lot of good about South Fayette, but I know we can be better.