South Fayette Township High School is a highly rated, public school located in Mcdonald, PA. It has 763 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
South Fayette Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A78 Students
- A+72 Students
- A-51 Students
- B-37 Students
- B31 Students
- A+28 Students
- A+26 Students
- A+26 Students
- A-19 Students
- A-17 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like South Fayette Township High School
- AMoon Senior High School
- Moon Area School District, PA
- 308 reviews
- ABethel Park High School
- Bethel Park School District, PA
- 290 reviews
- ANorth Hills Senior High School
- North Hills School District, PA
- 335 reviews
- A-South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 190 reviews
South Fayette Township High School Reviews
I believe that my school has exceptional teachers that truly care for not only the students academic careers but their future well beings. Also, I believe the academics that we learn, although strenuous at times, fully prepare us for postsecondary education. My fellow student learn not only what it means to be a good student but hopefully a good citizen as well, through the many extra curricular and electives offered.
Anyone who has at least heard of the district knows how high standards are. As a student of my last year here I am so grateful that I will graduate with a diploma from South Fayette. From the academics to sports to activities, SF has it all. There are very high expectations that all students must live up to if they want to succeed through the years. Without the importance of academics at South Fayette I would not have the same opportunities in front of me that I do today.
Our school is extremely safe. The district is run pretty tight. All of the school buildings reside on one campus, allowing the school officer have a general sense of campus wide activites. They have strict policies and calling system in place to notify parents of child marked absense, school closing or delays, campus security checks or fire drills notifications and a zero bullying tolerance policy in place. We are close to a military school some students will say.