South Fayette Township High School is a top rated, public school located in Mcdonald, PA. It has 812 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
South Fayette Township High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A97 Students
- A+87 Students
- A-62 Students
- B-43 Students
- B36 Students
- A+35 Students
- A+33 Students
- A+33 Students
- A-24 Students
- A-23 Students
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyA-
- Cost of LivingB-
- Good for FamiliesA+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.13 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.13 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 31 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like South Fayette Township High School
- AMoon Senior High School
- Moon Area School District, PA
- 311 reviews
- A-Bethel Park High School
- Bethel Park School District, PA
- 299 reviews
- ANorth Hills Senior High School
- North Hills School District, PA
- 345 reviews
- A-South Park Senior High School
- South Park School District, PA
- 192 reviews
South Fayette Township High School Reviews
Over the past thirteen years at South Fayette, I have learned about work ethic, friendship, and how to reach my goals. My school has won several awards including the Blue Ribbon and has been ranked one of the best schools in the nation, but that is not what defines us. South Fayette offers rigorous courses that taught me to never give up, always try my best, and have definitely prepared me for college work. My teachers are impeccable and the staff is friendly and approachable. South Fayette offers an array of clubs, activities, and sports and provides a safe campus environment. I am proud to say I went to school here and will never forget the foundation that built me. My high school has less than 1,000 students, so everyone essentially knows everyone. Because of this, it is more than a school. To me, South Fayette has been a family, a second home, a comfort zone, and an education. I could never ask for a better school experience than what I received at South Fayette.
South Fayette truly prepared me for college. However, it is hard to feel represented in a very non-diverse environment. The administration strays from discussing topics that affect the students or ignore them all together.
South Fayette High School has great professors, administration, and academics. Staff truly care about their students and aim to create an enjoyable school environment. Outside of the classroom there are lots of fun sports and clubs to get involved in.