South Eugene High School is a top rated, public school located in Eugene, OR. It has 1,477 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 75% of students are at least proficient in math and 90% in reading.
South Eugene High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-314 Students
- A-204 Students
- B110 Students
- A+86 Students
- C72 Students
- A+72 Students
- A-60 Students
- A+52 Students
- A52 Students
- A+51 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.30 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.30 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.34 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.34 responses
South Eugene High School Reviews
South Eugene is a magnet school for wealthy and educated families in the area but has a diverse socioeconomic makeup nonetheless. The teachers and classes are academically robust, and there are many opportunities for college preparation and taking college classes for credit. One advantage of this school is its proximity to the University of Oregon, which allows for part time university enrollment. The school has some issues with diversity as it is majority white, and the wealthy makeup leads to some issues of perspective. The school does not always make minority inclusion and equity a priority. The counselors have so many students that they are spread thin, and the same goes for the administration. That said, it’s a good school if you want a rigorous education and access to many clubs and activities.
So what I am doing here is a pre rating before I join this high school later this year. As far as I can see, South Eugene HS is truly amazing, and the balance between academics and sports is equal, unlike Sheldon HS. I am looking forward to going here!
As a student who has attended South Eugene High School for four years, I can say this is an excellent school. There are many different academic programs and opportunities available to students as well as sports and clubs to partake in. The staff is very friendly and respectful of students and the atmosphere is welcoming. While, South is a great school, it is pretty centered around AP and honors courses. So if you're looking for a school that offers many diverse programs and courses, South Eugene may be for you!