South Doyle High School is a public school located in Knoxville, TN. It has 1,175 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 8% of students are at least proficient in math and 27% in reading.
South Doyle High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-184 Students
- C+109 Students
- B108 Students
- B-79 Students
- B79 Students
- B57 Students
- A+34 Students
- B31 Students
- C31 Students
- B+31 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.20 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
South Doyle High School Reviews
My experience was good but in the beginning, it went a little crazy for me. Middle school is trying to help you find your self but High School is when your life begins, unfold, and to have more responsibility come your way. South Doyle helped me become successful, yes South Doyle and I had its ups and downs but when you tell them you want something the listen and if they don't listen to you, you keep pressing until they do listen. South Doyle is Excellent at supporting are sports, clubs, and Activity; it feels like a family sometimes there. We all kind of help each other some way or somehow but everyone has a different experience. I hope yours is good too!
At South Doyle High School, the atmosphere is filled with students who are lead by teachers and principals that strive for achievement. Teachers are truly passionate in what they teach and will not let a student fall behind. Students who struggle in a particular subject are offered various opportunities to be successful like mentoring, tutoring, ACT academy, etc. The school is set on the standards of dedication for academic achievement.
Thank you south Doyle for making me the person I am today. Thank you for teaching me all the great things I know. Thank you for guiding me through these wild 4 year. South Doyle you have gave me great friends , my smarts, and the family I have grown at this school. Time goes by fast but I would have never wanted to pick another school. South Doyle you’re my backbone thank you for pushing me through everything. No matter what I’ve always smiled at least one even on my worst day at south Doyle. South Doyle you made everything worth it.