South Decatur Junior/Senior High School is a public school located in Greensburg, IN. It has 476 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
South Decatur Junior/Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A46 Students
- B-42 Students
- B+40 Students
- A+29 Students
- B26 Students
- B+19 Students
- B18 Students
- A15 Students
- A-14 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like South Decatur Junior/Senior High School
- BNorth Decatur Junior/Senior High School
- Decatur County Community Schools, IN
- 33 reviews
- B-Hauser Junior/Senior High School
- Flat Rock-Hawcreek School Corporation, IN
- 53 reviews
- B-Jennings County High School
- Jennings County School Corporation, IN
- 165 reviews
- B-Jac-Cen-Del Middle/High School
- Jac-Cen-Del Community School Corporation, IN
- 39 reviews
South Decatur Junior/Senior High School Reviews
South Decatur is an amazing school with crazy amounts of Cougar pride! I felt as though I belonged among the school with how connected we were. Although being a small school, South Decatur makes that up by insuring that everyone gets the proper education they deserve and need before they move forward in the next chapter of their lives. Moving on I would like to see South Decatur maintain its credibility and continue to offer the best education for future students just like it was offered for me!
I went to South Decatur all through elementary and high school. It was a small school, but I enjoyed every year I was there! I participated in Student Council, National Honor Society, Peer Helpers, Key Club, Golf, Softball, and a high school board member for Big Brothers Big Sisters. South Decatur gave me many memories and opportunities I will forever be grateful for. The relationships of my friends, faculty, and staff will forever be cherished. South Decatur is a friendly, well-educated, open place that I would highly recommend. Though my years there were few, I loved the opportunity for growth I was continually given. South Decatur was an important part of my education and I was very successful there, which is why I would recommend it to all.
I have been going to South Decatur through all of my education years, so I know the place pretty well! South Decatur is a small town school located in Westport, Indiana; and is surrounded by corn fields. The part I like most about South Decatur is that since the school is small, there is a family atmosphere. Everyone is always there to help you and everyone has the southern hospitality. There are great nursing and biomedical classes to take, which will really help prepare students for college; if they are interested in that career. The one thing I would like to see change about South Decatur is the athletics, every sport needs a coach that is willing to dedicate themselves to the school. South Decatur has more bad than good years with athletics. All around, I have enjoyed my time at South Decatur and I love my school!