South Columbus High School is a public school located in Tabor City, NC. It has 796 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
South Columbus High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+51 Students
- A+46 Students
- C+41 Students
- C36 Students
- B+35 Students
- A-30 Students
- A+30 Students
- B+29 Students
- B-24 Students
- B20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.6 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.9 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like South Columbus High School
- C+West Columbus High School
- Columbus County Schools, NC
- 66 reviews
- B-Green Sea Floyds High School
- Horry County Schools, SC
- 54 reviews
- BWhiteville High School
- Whiteville City Schools, NC
- 83 reviews
- B-Loris High School
- Horry County Schools, SC
- 94 reviews
South Columbus High School Reviews
I had a great time at South Columbus as a student! The staff are all close, the students are like family, and you can always count on the guidance department to keep you straight when it comes to scheduling your classes and even applying to college and for scholarships. They will stick with you even after you graduate and still keep record of every document you may need while in college! The only thing I would like to see change is the maturity level at which they treat the students. They make the students walk in straight lines, they are knit picky on uniform policies, and most teachers still make the students ask to use the restroom and some teachers even say no to restroom requests! College is the complete opposite and I feel they should better prepare students as far as common curtisies go.
It’s ok I guess, seems to be a little favoritism , some kids get away with things others can’t. Some teachers really try to help students; they have more patience and care. I wish everyone were given the same opportunity as others and given the credit we each deserved, especially in sports. Everyone don’t get the credit for what they do. I’m just thankful for the good teachers I have/ had.
What was best about South Columbus was the sportsmanship that they have for all of their sports. They really but a lot of honor, respect and dedication into their sports but the one thing I would like to see change at the school is the little effort they put into a students learning . Most of the teachers just let the students get by with the poor grades that they have just because they like to see them play on the team instead learn a lesson by sitting on the bench. Another thing I would like to see change at this school is how students are targeted by what they wear. Which is simply ridiculous because some students barely have enough money to afford the simple polos and basic pants. Instead of worrying about a students appearance the school should worry about how they can help most or those urban kids reach higher goals and life. So that they can inspire others to do the same. Although sports are great but academics are even better !