Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyC
- Resources & FacilitiesB
South Central High School is a public school located in Winterville, NC. It has 1,567 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 25% of students are at least proficient in math and 39% in reading.
South Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B332 Students
- A+190 Students
- A+161 Students
- B148 Students
- B+139 Students
- C+131 Students
- B-120 Students
- B-96 Students
- B93 Students
- A-92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.40 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.40 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.40 responses
South Central High School Reviews
Overall my experience at South Central High School was great! Freshmen year I was a regular student, went to school and came home. Sophomore year i began to get a little more involved in school and the sports/extra curricular. My first year on dance team was sophomore year and all the way through to senior year. I also got into clubs my senior year. South Central is a great school, overall I had a great high school experience there.
At South Central High School, I loved the diversity. I also love how they’re always open and giving us ,students, many ways to flourish in life, through the opportunities available. I also loved the interactions and positive atmosphere they all possessed. I would love to see a difference in the type of classes available. I feel that there should be more classes that’ll help students in life. I also feel that there should be higher pay for every hard-working teacher, and less homework over weekends and holidays, to give students a refreshing break, to be prepared for the following school week ahead.
Best school in the area we are the 4a state champion in basketball. I truly have a lot of memories at the school being able to socialize and become friends with future division 1 athletes, doctors and etc. Being at South Central since a freshman truly showed how to build a culture we are known for winning and being the best at everything when came down to sports, bands, the dance team you name. The school constantly finds ways to have an expressive experience on how we learn day in and day out. The teachers are great and very relatable towards the students. The idea of SOAR really helped me when I needed extra assist on assignment, we where provided study halls and other activities they could keep you from having a textbook in your face for hours throughout the day. The school comes up with great events to rewards good student such as offering snow cones to kid who haven't gotten into trouble. Never had any major problems with technology or ways to help us receive a better learning.