Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesB-
South Central High School is an above average, public school located in Greenwich, OH. It has 183 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
South Central High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+35 Students
- B-30 Students
- B25 Students
- B24 Students
- A-24 Students
- B16 Students
- C16 Students
- B15 Students
- C+13 Students
- B13 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like South Central High School
- C+Western Reserve High School
- Western Reserve Local School District (Collins), OH
- 27 reviews
- C+Mapleton High School
- Mapleton Local School District, OH
- 68 reviews
- C+Plymouth High School
- Plymouth-Shiloh Local School District, OH
- 62 reviews
- BShelby High School
- Shelby City School District, OH
- 44 reviews
South Central High School Reviews
South Central is a very small yet heartwarming community. In our school, there is no such thing as an outcast. Everyone knows everyone. Everyone feels like family. Our school may be small but we work hard. Our sports have always been successful in our district. Especially in basketball. But we know what is important, academics. Our teachers spend lots of one on one time with us. The teachers get to know each student as more than a student but as a person.
I have enjoyed going to South Central High School. Every teacher here I consider an fabulous example on how to live life. Most of them genuinely care about the students they teach, and they show it in their actions. The extracurricular activities that I partake in are enjoyable. The coaches coach their players not only in their sport, but also in the way to live life the right way. All in all, my experience at South Central High School has been a satisfying experience that has impacted my life for the greater good and empowered me for the future.
It is a great place to learn. It is a small school, so there is a lot of one-on-one with the teachers. The extracurricular actives mean a lot to all the students and the coaches are great! I would choose this school again because of the ability of having one-on-one with the teachers.