South Burlington High School is a top rated, public school located in South Burlington, VT. It has 881 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 12 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
South Burlington High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-209 Students
- A+66 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+45 Students
- B40 Students
- A-39 Students
- A38 Students
- B-36 Students
- B+36 Students
- A+28 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.15 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.15 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 47 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.26 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like South Burlington High School
- AEssex High School
- Essex Westford School District, VT
- 186 reviews
- AColchester High School
- Colchester School District, VT
- 101 reviews
- AMt. Mansfield Union High School
- Public School
- Jericho, VT
- 83 reviews
- A+Champlain Valley Union High School
- Champlain Valley School District, VT
- 207 reviews
South Burlington High School Reviews
South Burlington High School is a great place to earn your High School Diploma within the public school system. The teachers show great attention and care to their students to enhance a broad spectrum of learning for a good quality education, preparing students to continue their education post graduation. South Burlington High School is very active throughout the local community. The only downside is that there seems to be a lot of bullying that goes on in and outside of class and around their grounds. Radical diversity is slowly but surely growing in this school district!
SBHS has prepared me very well for my future endeavors and I am so lucky to be able to go to this school! The teachers here want to help you succeed and the student body has some of the kindest, funniest, and most caring individuals I've ever met. The work here is challenging but manageable, and there are plenty of choices for classes and levels (some interesting ones are American History Through Film and Astronomy). Outside of academics, our sports facilities are fantastic and we have many state championship winning teams! There are also many non-athletic clubs to join, so you can always find something to take part in. There are also the fun traditions like Talent Night where the classes go all out! Overall, I don't regret any time spent at South Burlington and I am proud of my work completed here.
A great school with passionate teachers and a supportive community! The only "complaint" I would have about this school is the lack of diversity in socioeconomic background, ethnicity, etc. Otherwise, I had a great experience at this school!