Souhegan Cooperative High School is a highly rated, public school located in Amherst, NH. It has 831 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 81% in reading.
Souhegan Cooperative High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-140 Students
- A-71 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+56 Students
- A41 Students
- A38 Students
- B37 Students
- B-31 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-29 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 28 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.24 responses
Schools like Souhegan Cooperative High School
- AWindham High School
- Windham School District, NH
- 133 reviews
- B+Londonderry Senior High School
- Londonderry School District, NH
- 323 reviews
- ABedford High School
- Bedford School District, NH
- 471 reviews
- AHollis-Brookline High School
- Hollis/Brookline Cooperative School District, NH
- 251 reviews
Souhegan Cooperative High School Reviews
Souhegan is a generally welcoming and positive community with excellent academic programs. It has a very progressive school culture, and is a mostly positive place. Diversity is a struggle due to Amherst/Mont Vernon's demographics, there are next to no teachers and administrators of color. Teachers are mostly considerate of students' needs and dedicated to seeing their students succeed. An overall positive learning environment with high-quality education and a high level of respect between students and faculty.
Souhegan High School really prepared me for college. With a trusting environment, students are able to go about campus freely just like one is able to do at college. From a great sports culture to amazing architecture within the buildings, the school really gives students all it can. The greatest thing that stood out to me from my years there was the student teacher relations, at so many other high schools, students are scared or concerned to speak with their teachers about problems within the class or about things in their personal life. But at Souhegan, there is a bond between students and teachers like no other, teachers and students are treated with respect and both parties learn to genuinely care about the other. I believe that that truely is what makes the school so amazing and different from any other high school.
Souhegan High School mainly fosters independent learning throughout all grades. We call our teachers by their first names to eliminate the teacher-student boundaries that are formed in our middle school. Our staff wants us to feel comfortable with going to them about anything; school, social life and more. We do try to create a community feel within our school. Overall, I enjoyed my experience at Souhegan and I learned a lot from there.