Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA+
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesA
Souhegan Cooperative High School is a highly rated, public school located in Amherst, NH. It has 740 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 10 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Souhegan Cooperative High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-179 Students
- A-81 Students
- A+76 Students
- A+68 Students
- A48 Students
- A47 Students
- B45 Students
- B-41 Students
- B-37 Students
- B-33 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 34 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.27 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.27 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.26 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.26 responses
Schools like Souhegan Cooperative High School
- AWindham High School
- Windham School District, NH
- 146 reviews
- B+Londonderry Senior High School
- Londonderry School District, NH
- 352 reviews
- ABedford High School
- Bedford School District, NH
- 499 reviews
- AHollis-Brookline High School
- Hollis/Brookline Cooperative School District, NH
- 269 reviews
Souhegan Cooperative High School Reviews
As a senior, I believe my experience at Souhegan High School has been excellent. I was new to the community my freshman year of high school and was positively overwhelmed with opportunities the first day I walked through the doors. The Souhegan Faculty create a welcoming environment in students which create a great amount of student involvement. I like how Souhegan has almost every club under the sun and are also very adaptable to new clubs that are student-run. Although diversity is poor, the community does a great job of having students connect with other communities. The faculty and administration truly does try to connect with the students and know everyone. Souhegan has lots of opportunities but students need to look for them! Overall, I could not imagine going anywhere else.
My four years at Souhegan flew by! I do have to say the staff here are all endearing, caring people who do really want the best for all students. It is a small institution with less than 800 students, so there is a strong sense of community and inclusivity. For me personally, the guidance department was always there for me and very accessible. I think some improvements could include improving the school's infrastructure as the interior has seen better days, and improving funding for the arts, music, and theatre departments and less on athletics.
Honestly, on my first day of 9th grade, I was skeptical about the school. I had always thought that high school would be like movies, mean teachers, bullies, and bad grades. But when I first walked in the atmosphere was welcoming and I felt excited to be there. While at Souhegan High School, I have always had amazing experiences with the teachers and staff, I feel supported and they continue to help as I grow. My grades have improved since starting high school and I mostly have my teachers and peers to thank. Souhegan is great at pulling together its students to build each other up and create a helpful learning environment. This school has also given me so many opportunities to try new things. I have joined so many new sports and clubs that helped me meet so many great people along the way. The only thing I would change is the class selection I typically get all the classes I want but there's chance you get an alternate. Overall I feel lucky and proud to attend Souhegan High School.