Souderton Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Souderton, PA. It has 2,159 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 84% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Souderton Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+189 Students
- A-182 Students
- A111 Students
- A-108 Students
- A+102 Students
- B+102 Students
- B-65 Students
- B64 Students
- B-54 Students
- B48 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.28 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.28 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 99 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.33 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.33 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.52 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.52 responses
Schools like Souderton Area Senior High School
- APhoenixville Area High School
- Phoenixville Area School District, PA
- 124 reviews
- AUpper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- 218 reviews
- APerkiomen Valley High School
- Perkiomen Valley School District, PA
- 261 reviews
- A-Pennridge High School
- Pennridge School District, PA
- 286 reviews
Souderton Area Senior High School Reviews
Souderton was, for me, a good place to grow. With great academics, and a diverse range of activities, Soudy is solid. One thing that stands out to me, is that there are very supportive teachers, if you care to seek them out. They seem to be hidden, nestle between other teachers (who are not as supportive/kind). Something I would love to see change, includes weeding out the uncaring teachers without a passion for what they do. Another aspect I would like to see changed at Souderton is the idea that you have to get involved in activities and make a huge change in the world to be happy. For all four years at Souderton, it is greatly stressed that students should be involved and make changes. Yet sometimes people are happier NOT participating in extracurriculars. I was in marching band for my first three years, and my fourth year has been the best one yet! I am a much happier person, I am not forcing myself to become involved in activities just to fulfill the administrations wishes.
Great school! Principal doesn't really do much for us, he is mainly just talk, and there are some injustices. Some select teachers are not accepting of all students (LGBTQ, etc) and the system favors "gifted" people. Overall, school is great academic wise, only thing is that I wish we had more culture. example: got awarded for Unified, but nobody actually knows what that means.
I very much enjoyed my experience at Souderton Area High School, because the school was very accepting and was always extremely willing to help their student body. The guidance counselors are attentive and give such helpful advice to stressed out teens, and want what is best for the students. The high school was informative and had events posted throughout the school constantly; there was always something going on! The school also held many activities, in fact Souderton holds special olympics every year which is a great time when different schools and student come together to help and have a fun time! The teachers are all so nice and welcoming and give great life advice to their students. Souderton also offers a grand variety of courses to take.