Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A minus
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A minus
- College Prepgrade B+
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade A
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Souderton Area Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Souderton, PA. It has 2,177 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 79% of students are at least proficient in math and 88% in reading.
Souderton Area Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A+345 Students
- grade A minus329 Students
- grade A218 Students
- grade B200 Students
- grade A minus198 Students
- grade B minus139 Students
- grade A+131 Students
- grade B122 Students
- grade B minus93 Students
- grade A86 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
grade A minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C
- Good for Familiesgrade A
- Housinggrade B
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 135 responses
- Spirit week22%
- Footbal games15%
- Football games and marching band events10%
- Ice hockey games7%
- Wing Bowl7%
- Art shows6%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$18,385 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 64 responses
Schools like Souderton Area Senior High School
- grade APhoenixville Area High School
- Phoenixville Area School District, PA
- Rating 3.87 out of 5 162 reviews
- grade A+Upper Dublin High School
- School District of Upper Dublin, PA
- Rating 3.91 out of 5 263 reviews
- grade APerkiomen Valley High School
- Perkiomen Valley School District, PA
- Rating 3.9 out of 5 307 reviews
- grade B+Pennridge High School
- Pennridge School District, PA
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 334 reviews
Souderton Area Senior High School Reviews
Rating 3.97 out of 5 327 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
The Souderton Area High School has a lot of friendly teachers and offers a variety of courses to help further interest in different subjects. I believe teachers can inspire students to take interest in things that they might never have considered before. I myself would not have thought that I would pick up reading as a pastime but now I have an appreciation for literature, even the works that I personally dislike. The students that are there with me are in generally pretty nice people to hangout with. Something that would be good to see change is less restrictions in course selection. I understand that it is trying to make students well rounded in their education, but sometimes other courses might be more valuable than the general education courses required of them.
Souderton is a school with what I would say more options than most. With simple block scheduling, students are able to take whatever amount of classes are allowed and fit into their schedule. The amount of extracurricular activities is numerous, with many clubs, sports, and groups to take part in. Each class’s material and curriculum is chosen well by both the school and the teachers, with both being flexible for a student’s needs. The school’s use of websites in order to help students on their journey through high school and assistance in preparing for college is unlike any other I have been to. Overall, Souderton is a fantastic school. What little problems Souderton has are few and far between, nitpicks at most.
My experience as a four year student at Souderton Area Senior High School has been nothing but amazing. From the opportunities provided to the teaching staff, content load, and overall cleanliness of the school, it has all been amazing. Since the first day I stepped foot in the school it immediately felt like a second home to me. All of the teachers are extremely caring and will go out of their way to do whatever is needed for you as a student to be successful. Not only is educational performance strictly monitored here but so is mental health. The school as a whole makes it a priority to check up on students on a regular basic and make sure that mental health is payed attention to. As far as extracurriculars go, Souderton has a club or activity for everyone. I was apart of the Girls Soccer team for three years and it felt like a second family to me. Souderton is a fantastic high school and has excelled beyond expectations to create a safe and educational environment for everyone.