Sonoraville High School is a public school located in Calhoun, GA. It has 1,120 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 40% in reading.
Sonoraville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B120 Students
- A+97 Students
- C95 Students
- B-64 Students
- C+61 Students
- B59 Students
- B+55 Students
- A+52 Students
- B+44 Students
- C+42 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.16 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.16 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 51 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.22 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.22 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Sonoraville High School Reviews
Sonoraville High School is very supportive of each student, and the teachers adapt to each student individually. The environment at Sonoraville is extremely inviting, and I enjoy going to school everyday. I moved to this county because my family had heard great things about Sonoraville High School. I am very glad and appreciative that they made that decision; Sonoraville High School is amazing. GO PHOENIX!
I love the strong community and the ethics teachers have! I only wish the cleanliness side of things would improve and I wish budgeting was more fair to include things beyond football, but everyone seems to carry themselves well despite budget issues.
I was an outcast for the majority of my high school career, but I did feel at home at Sonoraville, and I was sad that that part of my life had to end. I will say that my time there gave me the basic necessities for my college experience. One thing that I want them to change at Sonoraville would have to be the way so many kids feel left out. I want them to try and create more clubs and be more encouraging and open towards their students who tend to gravitate towards the background. There are so many kids with amazing talent that don't get to express it because they're afraid of being rejected, and because Sonoraville puts so much emphasis on sports and academics, and not enough on arts. Give the underdogs a chance to prove their worth so they can have the confidence to go out and make something of themselves once they leave high school.