Sonoma Valley High School is an above average, public school located in Sonoma, CA. It has 1,343 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 34% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Sonoma Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B136 Students
- C+126 Students
- A112 Students
- A-101 Students
- A-101 Students
- A+97 Students
- A+94 Students
- A+91 Students
- B-80 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.21 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.21 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.21 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.31 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.36 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.36 responses
Schools like Sonoma Valley High School
- B-Rancho Cotate High School
- Cotati-Rohnert Park Unified School District, CA
- 211 reviews
- A-Petaluma High School
- Petaluma Joint Union High School District, CA
- 130 reviews
- B+Vintage High School
- Napa Valley Unified School District, CA
- 335 reviews
- B+Montgomery High School
- Santa Rosa High School District, CA
- 267 reviews
Sonoma Valley High School Reviews
Certain things about this school are better than others, but overall I'm glad to go here! There are some really cool staff members and a lot of AP/academic opportunities, however the campus can be rather dirty and a lot of fights happen here. Bathrooms will commonly close down due to students smoking in them, etc. Additionally, the school buses don't arrive until almost an hour after school lets out. I know that's not the fault of the school itself, but it still sucks that we don't have more drivers in this district. The library could be bigger, however our librarian is very qualified and commonly can be seen helping students with various assignments or computer issues. That reminds me, we each get an assigned Chromebook for class, which is nice (although that's a more recent development as they were implemented my freshman year).
Sonoma Valley High School is a full of long time friends. Because the town of Sonoma is fairly small most students know each other. I have had amazing experiences with most of my teachers. The English department is one of the best and I truly believe that my English teachers have prepared me for college. All teacher are understanding and have your best interest in mind. I believe that there needs to be new traditions and ideas to help the school spirit grow. There are many additions and plans for improvement in the future. I am saddened that I will not be a student when the improvements are implemented but I wish any new students enjoy them. There have been changes to the administrations but form experience with the new members, I can say that they are open to communication with students and are open to suggestions. Most parents come form minority groups and I believe that there should be a bigger effort to include and educate the parents that don't know much about the school system.
Let me tell you something, I'm back at it again with a (s word) review. You want a horrible high school that leads you too sever depression and leading to your last choice in life to vaping, well I think I found a perfect option for you! Sonoma high school, Drop your kids off thinking they will be taught everything they need to know, pick them up vaping and saying ASSSAAAHHHH DUDE.