Somerville High School is a public school located in SOMERVILLE, TX. It has 180 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 8 to 1. According to state test scores, 52% of students are at least proficient in math and 47% in reading.
Somerville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C23 Students
- A+21 Students
- A+15 Students
- B+14 Students
- B+12 Students
- A-12 Students
- A8 Students
- B7 Students
- A5 Students
- B-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Schools like Somerville High School
- B-Burton High School
- Burton Independent School District, TX
- 12 reviews
- B-Snook Secondary School
- Snook Independent School District, TX
- 34 reviews
- B-Brenham High School
- Brenham Independent School District, TX
- 157 reviews
- C+Dime Box School
- Dime Box Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
Somerville High School Reviews
This is the School that I’ve been going to since I was in kindergarten. Throughout my time at Somerville High I have seen a lot of teachers come and go for many reasons. Either because of students not being the most respectful or just getting some teaching experience and moving on to a better school afterwards. Despite the relatively high turn over rate the School has a pretty good education system, the teachers do get to know the students because the classes are so small it allows us and the teachers to know one another, be more productive in our work, and challenge you to be hardworking and creative in your learning and thinking. So I’d like to thank my teachers after my time at the school for challenging me academically and creatively, for being able to teach me, and for being supportive of the dreams that I have and want to achieve.
The curriculum at Somerville HS is in some ways challenging and in others not so much. I for one am slow, so it takes me awhile to fully understand a concept or lesson. The main problem are school has is teachers just come and go. We don't have the best record for teachers consistently staying more than 2-3 years. Other than that, I feel the school is fairly decent for it's size. It's pretty small, and the advantages of it are the students (such as myself) can get more, one-on-one time with the teachers. My favorite thing about my school is the band program. It is a force to wreck with in marching, and has over a 20 year in a row first division rating in concert and marching divisions.
My overall experience at this school so far has been great. Going to a 1a school, I got to participate in a lot of extra circular activities such as volleyball, softball, tennis, track, cheer-leading, band, interact club and student council. My favorite experience was being a cheerleader for the school. What makes the school unique is that it is in a very small town. We grow up together so we end up making life long friends. If I could do it over again I wouldn't. Attending that school shaped me to be the woman I am today.