Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B+
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B+
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B+
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B minus
Somerset High School is an above average, public school located in Somerset, WI. It has 459 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Somerset High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A56 Students
- grade B41 Students
- grade A+37 Students
- grade B+36 Students
- grade B33 Students
- grade B28 Students
- grade A26 Students
- grade B21 Students
- grade A minus20 Students
- grade B19 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 6 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 6 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 9 responses
- Homecoming week, Prom, and Football Games89%
- Girls basketball games, volleyball games, plays11%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$12,134 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 13 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 13 responses
Schools like Somerset High School
- grade A minusSaint Croix Central High School
- Saint Croix Central School District, WI
- Rating 3.78 out of 5 45 reviews
- grade A minusOsceola High School
- Osceola School District, WI
- Rating 3.81 out of 5 152 reviews
- grade B+New Richmond High School
- New Richmond School District, WI
- Rating 3.67 out of 5 101 reviews
- grade B+White Bear Lake Area High School - South Campus
- White Bear Lake School District, MN
- Rating 3.69 out of 5 381 reviews
Somerset High School Reviews
Rating 3.57 out of 5 75 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
I really enjoy the flexible schedule at Somerset High School. The 'flex mod' schedule allows me to take a wider variety of classes that I may not have been able to take with a regular school schedule. It makes my day more interesting, and since the new schedule has been in place I enjoy coming to school much more. As for the teachers, I haven't had a bad one while at Somerset. They all care so much about their students, and are willing to do everything in their power to help them succeed. They want what is best for those they teach, and are so passionate about what they teach as well. They make class interesting and fun to go to. As for the administration, I couldn't ask for a better principal and Vice Principal/athletic director. They work together to make this the best possible high school experience for their students, and work hard to know each student by name. They know every child, and care about them. I couldn't be happier at Somerset.
My experience at Somerset High School wasn't the worst but at the same time not what I would have wanted and or expected when I was about to go into high school. I wish my school was a little bigger because everyone knew everyone's business and with a small school comes a lot of drama with it. But honestly, I wouldn't change my high school experience for anything. I have lived in Somerset my whole life and I went to Somerset schools for 14 years. Here is where I met my best friends and got an education that is going to prepare me for my future.
Somerset High School has great opportunities for all students. The staff is very exuberant and works hard to build strong trusting relationships. Somerset high is the only school in WI that offers University of Minnesota College in the Schools courses; these courses allow you to have college with successful completion of the course work. The athletics have dedicated coaches that work to not only prepare you for games but to grow relationships with you. I would highly recommend going to Somerset High School.