Somerset High School is a public school located in Somerset, TX. It has 1,037 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 57% of students are at least proficient in math and 49% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B185 Students
- A+132 Students
- B+132 Students
- A+122 Students
- B-116 Students
- B101 Students
- B94 Students
- A66 Students
- A-65 Students
- A-59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.20 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.23 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.23 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.25 responses
Schools like Somerset High School
- CPoteet High School
- Poteet Independent School District, TX
- 78 reviews
- CSouthside High School
- Southside Independent School District, TX
- 252 reviews
- C+McCollum High School
- Harlandale Independent School District, TX
- 329 reviews
- C+Jay High School
- Northside Independent School District (San Antonio), TX
- 504 reviews
Somerset High School Reviews
I'm one of those students that's just coasting by their high school years, hoping for it to be over as soon as possible so I could leave the place. I've gone to the Somerset District my whole life. Everyone knows everyone, it's a small town where news travels fast about the transfer students or some accident. The high school experience isn't really great unless you know the staff, typically that's kids that excel at sports and their relatives are working at the school or have been in Somerset for some time.
I like how the student get into clubs and having fun during home games. The teachers are super sweet and they have prepared me for college. I was always friendly and very social, I joined organization and clubs. I even was Vice President of a Fashion Club, I’ve been wanting to do and the experience was great though the club went down hill I still didn’t give up but as the day went by I wasn’t able to keep it together. It was my senior year and i had a lot on my plate for college. I can honestly say I enjoyed being in high school extracting with new students and showing them around and making new friends was always a goal of mine. The work was a challenge but that didn’t stop me and I carried on with my life and finally graduated from high school.
School decisions are made according to small-town politics, disregarding the actual students that attend the school. A good school if you're looking for a plan Z, otherwise steer clear.