Somerset High School is a highly rated, public school located in Somerset, KY. It has 506 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 72% in reading.
Somerset High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-81 Students
- B-75 Students
- B57 Students
- C36 Students
- A-33 Students
- B-29 Students
- B-28 Students
- C+24 Students
- C18 Students
- B-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.10 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Somerset High School Reviews
Somerset High School is where I truly flourished. I previously attended McCreary Central which is in the neighboring county, but I can easily say that Somerset is much better. Somerset has it's own little problem but is the home of many great things. The 75% of the teachers here are phenomenal with few who will make a lasting difference in your child's life. There are also a lot of opportunities. Last year, the DECA team went all the way to New York. Most of the sports teams do very well. I've seen or heard of very little bullying here. The only issue I've run into here is administration. They do struggle with what they're supposed to be doing verses what they actually do, but you're not going to often find a place where that doesn't happen.
A small, economically diverse, but very welcoming community. My son has always been a great student, but at SHS he achieves high above my expectations due to teachers, classmates, and parents. We are Briar Jumper FAMILY Strong!
I really like Somerset Highschool, even more so now that we have a new principal! The principal who was there before took credit for everything. He was also disrespectful!