Somerset Academy of Las Vegas is a highly rated, public, charter school located in North Las Vegas, NV. It has 5,778 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 23 to 1. According to state test scores, 50% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B30 Students
- B+23 Students
- C21 Students
- B17 Students
- A14 Students
- C+14 Students
- B+12 Students
- B-10 Students
- A-10 Students
- A+9 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
- Crime & SafetyC-
- Cost of LivingC+
- Good for FamiliesC+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.Take our survey
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.Take our survey
Somerset Academy of Las Vegas Reviews
Currently, I have just recently graduated sophomore year of Losee High school, and I’m entering junior year. I attended somerset nlv from 5th to 6th grade, and my social experience there was okay at best, the students are tolerable. The teachers were very passive aggressive. The only thing I really enjoyed was the soccer program. The only good teacher I learned from was Mrs. K, who taught Spanish explorations, and she moved away. The front desk was not very involved or informative. The overall school organization is a mess, the school is losing money. The principals get worse and worse every year. I’m glad I left before things quickly went down the drain.
My whole experience revolved around the friends I made. Most of my friends that I've made have created the best memories Ill ever have and some created the worst drama that Ill never forget. I like that our students body and teachers really try to do almost everything for us, but, at the same time, they tend to focus more on one aspect than what's more important. I think that they feel we should be privileged for what we have, but I want there to be more communicating between ALL the students and staff, not just student body and the council. Little problems stop both parties from helping each other out. Communication is an important factor in relationships and the fact that most students and staff don't have one is a big problem. Overall, academic wise and sports wise, we're doing pretty well on. My experience was amazing considering I tried to make the most of what I had. My only regret was not being more active in the sports department.
What I loved about Somerset Academy was the dance program, as well as the art classes. Dance and art are a huge part of who I am, and I'm grateful this school thrives in those areas. What the school could improve on is their staff. They seem disconnected from the students, and I think that needs to change. I also wish there was more diversity at the school. It seems there are no variations of students, especially when compared to other schools. If we obtained more diversity, I feel Somerset would be better for it.