Somerset Academy of Las Vegas is a public, charter school located in North Las Vegas, NV. It has 6,432 students in grades K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 28 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 55% in reading.
Somerset Academy of Las Vegas Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B79 Students
- B+55 Students
- C-52 Students
- B31 Students
- C+25 Students
- B25 Students
- B-24 Students
- A23 Students
- A+14 Students
- A14 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Somerset Academy of Las Vegas Reviews
I have had a great experience attending Somerset Academy Sky Pointe and have learned many things in the past two years going there. The administration is semi organized but aside from that the teachers are great and better than most teachers from past schools I have attended. The students vary but I have made many good friends and experiences. This school definitely shows their care for the students education, academics and focus. I would recommend this school to relatives or friends!
I went to school here from 8th-12th grade and I loved it, the teachers and admin were beyond amazing and they knew how to get stuff done. I really believe that they could figure out a better way with dissmisal so the traffic wasn’t a 25-30 minute wait to get out, but other than that it’s amazing!
Currently, I have just recently graduated sophomore year of Losee High school, and I’m entering junior year. I attended somerset nlv from 5th to 6th grade, and my social experience there was okay at best, the students are tolerable. The teachers were very passive aggressive. The only thing I really enjoyed was the soccer program. The only good teacher I learned from was Mrs. K, who taught Spanish explorations, and she moved away. The front desk was not very involved or informative. The overall school organization is a mess, the school is losing money. The principals get worse and worse every year. I’m glad I left before things quickly went down the drain.