Solon High School is a top rated, public school located in Solon, OH. It has 1,646 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 89% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Solon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+533 Students
- A-255 Students
- A-250 Students
- A+228 Students
- B226 Students
- A201 Students
- A+118 Students
- B112 Students
- B-107 Students
- B103 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.38 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.38 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 140 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.60 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.60 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.70 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.70 responses
Schools like Solon High School
- A+Orange High School
- Orange City School District, OH
- 108 reviews
- A+Beachwood High School
- Beachwood City School District, OH
- 107 reviews
- AShaker Heights High School
- Shaker Heights City School District, OH
- 306 reviews
- A+Hudson High School
- Hudson City School District, OH
- 274 reviews
Solon High School Reviews
While Solon High School has a very diverse staff and student body, a large majority of the teachers seem to prefer keeping their students grades up and preparing them for college over their students well-being. The education is great, but in terms of conversation and thought process, it's all we ever talk about. There's not usually a whole lot of real conversation, it's usually just, "Oh I have a 96% in [Class] I'm failing so bad" or, "I'm so tired I'm just gonna sleep in all of my classes today." and to put icing on the cake, "You got a B on that quiz?!?! Wow you're so dumb how did you even get into [Random Honors or AP Class]???? While all of this may be true, the music program is amazing and thriving. We currently have ~350 students in the band alone, and have overall 4 bands, 3 orchestras, and 4-5 choirs as well.
Amazing staff and very diverse! Food is awful and parents should be more involved. Solon HS is very good with academics but not very good with school culture and relationships. While I feel prepared for college academically I cannot say that solon HS prepared me socially for life beyond high school. They did not bother to connect with me in ways that went beyond the school environment and I do not feel that they cared for me personally. Academics are important but so are relationships and helping to make every student feel like a part of the school. Also, the administration is more concerned with test scores and being the best than checking in with kids personally. You become a number, a test score, to them.
Solon High School is a school with a rigorous curriculum that encourages students to go above and beyond in regards to academics. The focus on pushing students to do better ensures that almost every student graduating has an above-average education. The school offers many classes that you would only be found in a college and makes them accessible to students, which provides more opportunities, which I have enjoyed. I was able to take Forensics and Film Studies, which aren't typically high school courses. The other aspect of Solon High School that I appreciate is the staff. The staff I have encountered truly show a passion for what they're teaching and try to make sure their students succeed. The thing I would change about Solon High School is the inflated prices of school products. A simple lock that is 5$ at Walmart is being sold by the school for $17, while a slice of pizza is being sold for $3(A whole pizza usually $10 at most). Other than that, I have enjoyed my time at Solon.