Solon High School is a top rated, public school located in Solon, OH. It has 1,646 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 91% of students are at least proficient in math and 93% in reading.
Solon High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+471 Students
- A-236 Students
- A220 Students
- A+206 Students
- B201 Students
- A-170 Students
- A+108 Students
- B96 Students
- B94 Students
- B-92 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.35 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.35 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 132 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.57 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.67 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.67 responses
Schools like Solon High School
- A+Orange High School
- Orange City School District, OH
- 107 reviews
- A+Beachwood High School
- Beachwood City School District, OH
- 95 reviews
- A+Shaker Heights High School
- Shaker Heights City School District, OH
- 301 reviews
- A+Hudson High School
- Hudson City School District, OH
- 262 reviews
Solon High School Reviews
Amazing staff and very diverse! Food is awful and parents should be more involved. Solon HS is very good with academics but not very good with school culture and relationships. While I feel prepared for college academically I cannot say that solon HS prepared me socially for life beyond high school. They did not bother to connect with me in ways that went beyond the school environment and I do not feel that they cared for me personally. Academics are important but so are relationships and helping to make every student feel like a part of the school. Also, the administration is more concerned with test scores and being the best than checking in with kids personally. You become a number, a test score, to them.
Great school! Teachers really prepare you well for exams and for college as well. The environment and city overall is very safe. Sports and extracurriculars are a big part of the school environment, and many students participate. Overall, the school is diverse and the student culture has a positive impact on the school. The workload helps prepare student for college. I found that upon entering college, the curriculum was not as difficult as I would have expected. The content was difficult, but keeping up with assignments and exams was not as challenging because I was used to a rigorous workload in high school.
Solon High School is an very good school. Whilst attending Solon for three years of my high school career, I have greatly improved upon my academic and college readiness skillsets. There is an abundance of helpful resources, athletic opportunities, and fun clubs. However, I would like to see more diversity within the administration and teaching staff; moreover, I would like for there to be a greater representation of Black male and female teachers. Overall, my experience at Solon High School has been a challenging, yet exciting one.