Solon High School is a highly rated, public school located in Solon, IA. It has 423 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 87% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A62 Students
- A50 Students
- B-30 Students
- B+24 Students
- A10 Students
- B9 Students
- B8 Students
- A+6 Students
- A+6 Students
- B+5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 13 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.10 responses
Schools like Solon High School
- A-Mount Vernon High School
- Mount Vernon Community School District, IA
- 39 reviews
- B+Marion High School
- Marion Independent School District, IA
- 70 reviews
- B+Clear Creek Amana High School
- Clear Creek Amana Community School District, IA
- 117 reviews
- B+Prairie High School
- College Community School District, IA
- 211 reviews
Solon High School Reviews
Solon High School is in a small town of Solon, IA. At our school, we create an atmosphere of positive attitudes, self sufficiency, and determination. Every teacher works to better their school and the students attending it. In our small community, we have visitors come to school to help us plan our futures and prove to us that we all have the ability to succeed. In our district, we are #solonstrong.
I liked how invested our teachers were and thought that we had many educational experiences that many other schools did not. Our athletic teams were incredible but I think that it is important to remind students that academic achievements are just as important. This is coming from a former athlete so I have seen both sides of the spectra. The only complaint that I had was that the school dances were never that great. We need to let students dance in the gym or rent a place to go and hire a better DJ. Let them listen to whatever music they want and dance how they like. It is better to have them want to come than to not, because if they do not come then they will want to go out and party. That is the only thing I could see improved, but overall I would rate this as a great experience.
There are a lot of variety of clubs and organizations at this school that students can be involved in. For example, a few years ago we just added Archery to the schools sports program! There are always students who are involved in more than one sport, club, or other programs at Solon High School.