Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyC+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Soldotna High School is an above average, public school located in Soldotna, AK. It has 547 students in grades 10-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 17% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+106 Students
- B-56 Students
- A+36 Students
- A28 Students
- B+21 Students
- B20 Students
- A-20 Students
- B16 Students
- B+16 Students
- A-15 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 23 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.19 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.19 responses
Soldotna High School Reviews
My experience at Soldotna High School was nothing special and I know there are other schools out there that are much better. It had some good aspects like the sports teams that I was able to be apart of and there was also a select few teachers that I have grown close with and have really helped me throughout my high school career. Though, I think the school could make many changes. As I am apart of the Student Council, I get a better look at what is going on throughout the school. I have grown to realize that our administration does not take the time to review the problems we have presented to them in order to help the school. This creates many difficulties as we are just trying to help make our school better. Another problem I have noticed from seeing the point of view of a normal student and being a member of student council is that the student council sees themselves as superior. This intimidates the rest of the student body when it comes to making a difference in the school.
My overall experience at Soldotna High School overall was pretty great. I started going to Soldotna in August and on my first day everyone was surprisingly really nice and helped me get to my right classes. Although, due to the lack of observation from the teachers many students have been doing drugs at school. Whether it be vaping in class/the bathroom or smoking weed on school property. It is very disappointing to me that the teachers at the school don't pay enough attention or just choose not to say anything.
This was a typical small town school filled with mostly charming educators. Maybe not the best quality teaching or programs, but a small enough student body that it was manageable. I would have liked to see more of a focus on diversity and bullying. I was never bullied, but as an adult i have come to the realization that there was a lot of bullying in my high school