grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade C+
- Diversitygrade A
- Teachersgrade B minus
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B+
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B minus
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Sodus Jr./Sr. High School is a public school located in Sodus, NY. It has 451 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 48% in reading.
Sodus Jr./Sr. High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
No data available
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A minus33 Students
- grade B minus26 Students
- grade C+25 Students
- grade A21 Students
- grade B+18 Students
- grade B18 Students
- grade A+17 Students
- grade B15 Students
- grade A minus14 Students
- grade A minus12 Students
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B+
- Good for Familiesgrade C+
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 4 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 4 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 11 responses
- Graffiti night55%
- Indoor Track & Field (a big family)18%
- Pep Rallies9%
- sporting events9%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$27,336 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 10 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 10 responses
Schools like Sodus Jr./Sr. High School
- grade BNewark Senior High School
- Newark Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 83 reviews
- grade C+North Rose-Wolcott High School
- North Rose-Wolcott Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.48 out of 5 50 reviews
- grade C+Marion Junior/Senior High School
- Marion Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.37 out of 5 54 reviews
- grade B minusClyde-Savannah High School
- Clyde-Savannah Central School District, NY
- Rating 3.38 out of 5 26 reviews
Sodus Jr./Sr. High School Reviews
Rating 3.5 out of 5 58 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Sodus High School is a complicated place. Like any school or place in general, there are positive influences and negative influences. Overall, the school is a family. And it is a melting pot for people of all genders, sexual orientation, and race. There are clubs for those of almost every interest, and the majority of the staff members really care about their students' success and the impact they leave on them. However, there are staff members who act like students, presenting the same petty drama as if they were back in high school. I personally had always had good relationships with everyone due to being meek and never standing up for myself. I have found now that whether you are respectful or not, certain staff members will not use their authority appropriately. I have not felt like I have fit in here for a while now, as the school is very centered around cliques. In general the school is not terrible, but would not be for me and was not able to aid much in my personal growth.
Sodus is an incredible school with great staff. All of the staff care about your education and strive to help you succeed. The atmosphere isn't always the greatest but that does not have to do with the school, rather, the people in it. However, the school has gotten better with dealing with misbehaving kids. The food is hard to judge because I always made my lunch but I did hear from people that some of the meals were very good!
The teachers genuinely care about their students and their education. Although many students do not have school spirit, the teachers never fail to show up and represent their school. Sodus does not excel in academics, but the teachers are very supportive and create many incentives to encourage students to always try their best.