Socastee High School is a highly rated, public, magnet school located in Myrtle Beach, SC. It has 1,731 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 79% in reading.
Socastee High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B384 Students
- A352 Students
- B+323 Students
- A254 Students
- C+178 Students
- B+131 Students
- B-105 Students
- A-90 Students
- C+82 Students
- A+79 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.38 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.41 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.41 responses
Socastee High School Reviews
I graduated from Socastee 2 years ago in 2017. While the athletics program has had a few minor kinks over the past 4 years, the school thrives in every other aspect. The students are surprisingly kind as well as the instructors. The diversity is fairly mixed with a slight majority of white/Caucasian's. The instructors are all prepared and have insight on how to better a young man/woman for their future. There are nearly 80 clubs and activities combined, all of which are renowned. The food is just like grandma used to make, and the culture is great! Besides the few mistakes the athletics program made the school is phenomenal and should be promoted as such as far as I am concerned.
I enjoyed being involved in my school, I am part of 3 honor societies and history club. History club is a great club to get involved in especially if you like history. Last year we went to Ft. Sumter and 2 plantations and this year we are going to Patriot's point and we just cleaned up part of a plantation! Most of the teachers I have had throughout my 4 years have been great and they are very kind people. At Socastee we have a great AP and IB program, I take AP and my AP US History teacher was a great teacher and he helped me prepare as much as I could for the upcoming exam which lead me to get a 5!
My years at Socastee High has been an amazing experience. Socastee definitely has The best teachers, counselors and administrators, all who wants to see you become successful in life. The teachers are always helping students by willingly to stay after school or be there before school starts to help you. I love Socastee High!