Smithville High School is a public school located in Smithville, TX. It has 524 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 62% of students are at least proficient in math and 57% in reading.
Smithville High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+91 Students
- A+72 Students
- A+68 Students
- C-38 Students
- A28 Students
- A-28 Students
- B+24 Students
- A-22 Students
- B-21 Students
- A+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 25 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.13 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.13 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.16 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.16 responses
Smithville High School Reviews
My experience with Smithville High School has been about like any average school, it wasn't amazing but then again it wasn't bad. One of the things I liked about this school though was the Ag program, it is incredibly small though and I feel that it would be better if it were given the chance to expand. And I feel that that could be done by giving it more attention and talking about it more to the students to help entice them to want to join the program. Another thing that I feel that they could try to do better at would be the academics in general, since I have noticed and heard about the trend about kids not being educated enough or prepared enough for college. And as of right now I feel that I may not be properly prepared for real life and college classes that may be more difficult than what I am taking now.
Small town vibes but a larger population. High school is a little out of the center of town so that made for an area that high schoolers could call their own. Now the new junior high is right next door, so that could change. Band program is the steadiest and one of the most award-winning programs in the district. Speech and debate program is making a come back and gaining more traction in recent years with more medals and steady coaches who want the students to succeed in their event as well as in their future with the need for speaking skills becoming more in demand when jobs are hiring.
The size of the school is perfect. It’s not too big or too small so you can get hands on learning experience. They are constantly improving the high school experience for the students. For example they just added a new football stadium! The school has a great principal who looks out for the students I.e. he changed the phone policy for the better! It’s a good school with teachers who do care!