Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Smithton High School is a public school located in Smithton, MO. It has 281 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 37% of students are at least proficient in math and 42% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B33 Students
- C+32 Students
- A-24 Students
- B21 Students
- B11 Students
- B+9 Students
- B-7 Students
- C7 Students
- B5 Students
- A-5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 4 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.6 responses
Schools like Smithton High School
- B+Smith-Cotton High School
- Sedalia School District, MO
- 166 reviews
- B+Cole Camp High School
- Cole Camp R-I School District, MO
- 13 reviews
- CMorgan County R-I High School
- Morgan County R-I School District, MO
- 2 reviews
- COtterville High School
- Otterville R-VI School District, MO
- 9 reviews
Smithton High School Reviews
Smithton is a small school that allows lots of one on one learning experiences. It is one of those places where everyone knows everyone. Focus is centered around academics and leadership opportunities. For example, 3/4 of the students are involved in extracurricular activities.
Smithton High School is comforting. It's small so the teachers and students are able to form connections and I'm able to easily be involved in a lot of clubs. The teachers at Smithton really care about the student's education and they’re passionate about what they teach. They want us to learn the material and pass with a good grade instead of just barely passing. It’s nice knowing that I can talk to the administration if I’m having any problems and they’ll try to help and support me. I appreciate the hard work Smithton’s administration puts into our education.
It was a great atmosphere and everyone is usually very upbeat. It is a small school so everyone knows everybody else, which allows students to be more personable with teachers.