Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B
- Diversitygrade C+
- Teachersgrade B
- College Prepgrade B minus
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B minus
- Health & Safetygrade A minus
- Administrationgrade C
- Sportsgrade A
- Foodgrade C+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade C+
Smithfield High School is an above average, public school located in Smithfield, RI. It has 720 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 11 to 1. According to state test scores, 47% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Smithfield High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade B210 Students
- grade B minus130 Students
- grade B minus69 Students
- grade B+66 Students
- grade A+64 Students
- grade A minus53 Students
- grade B minus52 Students
- grade B51 Students
- grade B+49 Students
- grade A48 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade B minus
- Good for Familiesgrade A minus
- Housinggrade B minus
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade A minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 11 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 11 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 30 responses
- Prom and Spirit Week33%
- Senior Fashion Show23%
- RESPECT Day17%
- Proms and just any dances are fun13%
- Pep rallies3%
- Spirit Week3%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 16 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 16 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 18 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 18 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
grade B minus
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$16,757 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 24 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 24 responses
Schools like Smithfield High School
- grade B+Ponaganset High School
- Foster-Glocester Regional School District, RI
- Rating 3.82 out of 5 131 reviews
- grade A minusNorth Smithfield High School
- North Smithfield School Department, RI
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 137 reviews
- grade BCranston High School West
- Cranston Public Schools, RI
- Rating 3.66 out of 5 300 reviews
- grade A minusCumberland High School
- Cumberland School Department, RI
- Rating 3.63 out of 5 297 reviews
Smithfield High School Reviews
Rating 3.59 out of 5 148 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
This school is definitely above average than most. The teachers really care about the students and try to help them succeed. The administration and teachers are not a problem unless you get on their bad side. There are a lot of AP and Honors courses. The only bad thing is portfolios which teachers don’t even know how to advise their students on. The only negative thing is that students don’t branch out, there isn’t any diversity and they all stay in the same clique even if they have friends outside of it. Vaping is a huge problem and many people do it especially in the bathroom. Otherwise it’s a great school, many sports teams, some clubs! Relatively average school events.
Smithfield High School was filled with awesome programs, classes and best of all, the teachers. Every single one of them cares so much about the students, and truly makes and effort to connect with them. The atmosphere was almost always positive, and the kids there really do support each other. The athletes will happily go and support a music concert or theatre production, and vice versa. You can be in any club or group and be respected and supported by the people around you. The engineering program, mock trial experience/ business program, music program and art classes are all amazing and filled with the most engaging and passionate teachers. I always listen to stories of high schools from my friends in different towns, and I can honestly say the safety, acceptance, and quality of education that they have experienced in their high schools pales in comparison to mine at Smithfield. Go sentinels!
Smithfield High School was the perfect school for my high school education. Not only is the school full of helpful and friendly teachers but also has multiple programs and pathways for students to follow. A student can get an early look into what it may be like to major in certain fields such as science, biology, art, engineering, design, and even child care. Smithfield High School also has a perfect mixture of students of all characteristics, skills, and interests.