Smith County High School is a public school located in Carthage, TN. It has 603 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 37% in reading.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+100 Students
- B63 Students
- A-54 Students
- C+46 Students
- C+41 Students
- A+33 Students
- B-32 Students
- B26 Students
- B+19 Students
- B16 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Smith County High School
Smith County High School Reviews
My high school focused more on fire works for the football team then giving kids the right education. They did have some good teachers like Mrs.White who really wanted the best for her students but then there were some teachers who were really biased. Teachers would allow some students to get away with some stuff like bullying but if the other students said something back to the bully the bully would get away with it but the victim would get in trouble just be cause of who they were. Much could be changed about this school and the way that they go about thing.
My experience at the high school was okay. I got a good education and went to college. Playing football for the school is where I got the most of my experience. I had won awards for being the most motivated player on the team. The team is good but there are some areas they need to improve on as well as the classrooms. The teachers needs to give our homework and let the students read alot more. I have never had any homework or read much in high school.
In my four years at Smith County High School, I have had a wonderful experience. It is a wonderful learning environment, and the teachers are the best of the best.