Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesA-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesB
Smith-Cotton High School is an above average, public school located in Sedalia, MO. It has 1,425 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 59% in reading.
Smith-Cotton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B243 Students
- A-210 Students
- C+182 Students
- B157 Students
- B+99 Students
- B71 Students
- B55 Students
- A-55 Students
- A51 Students
- B+49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.19 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.19 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 49 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.25 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.32 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.32 responses
Schools like Smith-Cotton High School
- C+Green Ridge High School
- Green Ridge R-VIII School District, MO
- 27 reviews
- C+Smithton High School
- Smithton R-VI School District, MO
- 28 reviews
- B+Cole Camp High School
- Cole Camp R-I School District, MO
- 13 reviews
- COtterville High School
- Otterville R-VI School District, MO
- 9 reviews
Smith-Cotton High School Reviews
I had a great experience during my time at Smith-Cotton! For such a small town, it's a great school that offers a variety of classes, programs, extracurricular activities, and has many caring teachers and staff. The school building is very new, spacious, and well-equipped. Students are provided with personal laptops throughout the duration of their high school career. I gave it a 4/5 stars due to there not being enough AP and Dual Credit classes. Since it is in a smaller town away from larger universities, it can sometimes be hard to find qualified teachers for the more difficult, specialized classes. Overall, the school was great and the staff really made sure students were equipped as best as they could be to succeed in their future!
What I loved most about Smith-Cotton is the amount of options I had. The school provides so many class opportunities for everyone and allows the students to choose classes. Smith-Cotton also has plenty of sports, clubs, and activities. We seriously have a chess team. The school also provides plenty of options for preparing for life & college including a program called Upward Bound and a class/club called JAG, where students spend the period working on scholarships, job applications, and other things to further their future.
Smith-Cotton High School is a great school to attend throughout your high school years. The teachers and administration help to prepare all students for college and the real world. There are plenty of resources too learn about the academics and general courses. The school provides safety and diversity through all of the teachings. Parent and student involvement is encouraged in the learnings and clubs and activities. Smith-Cotton High School taught me how to be a respectable and responsible student ready to enter the college level experience. I feel very confident with everything I have learned, that I will achieve great things.