Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB-
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB-
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Slippery Rock Area High School is an above average, public school located in Slippery Rock, PA. It has 657 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Slippery Rock Area High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B133 Students
- A+75 Students
- A75 Students
- B-43 Students
- B-39 Students
- B-38 Students
- A-31 Students
- A+24 Students
- B24 Students
- B-23 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.17 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.17 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.15 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.15 responses
Schools like Slippery Rock Area High School
- BWilmington Area High School
- Wilmington Area School District, PA
- 62 reviews
- B-Mercer Area Senior High School
- Mercer Area School District, PA
- 52 reviews
- B+Neshannock Junior/Senior High School
- Neshannock Township School District, PA
- 106 reviews
- BShenango High School
- Shenango Area School District, PA
- 47 reviews
Slippery Rock Area High School Reviews
SRHS provided my with a pleasant environment that, I feel, provided me with the experience to grow, learn and explore. This school had many inclusive programs to get the student body active in areas of sports, the arts, the community and overall kindness. The staff are amazing people who truly care about their students as well.
I think that the education is very high quality, especially for the upper level classes such as AP and honors courses. I think that it is an overall positive environment. I think that the teaching of students taking general classes could be better.
Not every teacher appears to be qualified to do their jobs. Many are good, but it is the bad ones that particularly stick out. The school has become a lot more organized than it was my freshman year. I believe that it will soar to new heights if it continues at this pace.