Slinger High School is a highly rated, public school located in Slinger, WI. It has 1,056 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 60% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
Slinger High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+181 Students
- B132 Students
- B82 Students
- A-75 Students
- A+66 Students
- A-63 Students
- B+61 Students
- B53 Students
- B49 Students
- B49 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.24 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.24 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 50 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.31 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.31 responses
Schools like Slinger High School
- AHamilton High School
- Hamilton School District, WI
- 209 reviews
- AGrafton High School
- Grafton School District, WI
- 119 reviews
- AMenomonee Falls High School
- Menomonee Falls School District, WI
- 241 reviews
- A-Hartford High School
- Public School
- Hartford, WI
- 223 reviews
Slinger High School Reviews
Our school is amazing filled with excellent teachers who all care about their students and success. Our academics, testing and resources are focused with great clubs & sports for well-rounded students. Each club or activity has the support of a great parent group and supported by fundraisers that help build the programs. Although small in size, our school district has great performance and support and our student spirit is amazing! I think if any areas of improvement, some focus should be given to the trades and building resources for kids who may not have that focus on a 4 year college degree.
Slinger High School has given me numerous opportunities through its extracurricular activities and study abroad program! Slinger really puts a huge emphasis on sports and after school clubs, and Slinger has so many that there is no reason why not to join an activity. Both my sister and I attend Slinger High School and we have never had a problem at all through our time in school. They help you prepare for life after high school, whether or not you plan on attending college or taking over your family's local business. The teachers and administration are very helpful and try their hardest to help you succeed in life and school. Many generations of families have attended Slinger High School since it first opened in 1914; a numerous number of parents, grandparents, aunts, and uncles help support the school and are greatly involved with the school's activities.
My experience at Slinger High School was the best high school experience any teenager could ask for! I had teachers who cared about how I was doing and were always willing to lay a helping hand whenever I needed it. The school does a great job of creating an environment that is fun and educational at the same time. I love my high school and wouldn't of wanted to go anywhere else. But like every great place, there are always things that we wish were different. I for one would of liked to have more opportunities for teaching classes. I feel that are school is very strong in the construction department, and I feel that some other career bath classes could be offered. But then again no school is perfect, and all in all my school is pretty amazing.