Slidell High School is an above average, public school located in Slidell, LA. It has 1,610 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1. According to state test scores, 72% of students are at least proficient in math and 76% in reading.
Slidell High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-278 Students
- B247 Students
- B+220 Students
- B154 Students
- B+134 Students
- A+102 Students
- B+94 Students
- B+84 Students
- B82 Students
- A-66 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.14 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.14 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.19 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.29 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.29 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Slidell High School
Slidell High School Reviews
I initially had cold feet about attending Slidell High. As a kid that had just moved to Slidell two years before, I still felt somewhat out of touch with the Slidell community and knew that Slidell High would be a bustling place full of new people with already structurally sound bonds. I soon found my place in this accepting community and became attached to it. My teachers and the administration have given me opportunities to become a leader and volunteer in the greater Slidell community. I've had the chance to travel across the state for swim meets and academic competitions: even going to Atlanta, Georgia for the Rotary International Convention. I'm proud to call myself a Tiger and represent those that have done so much to help me. Go Tigers!
I’ve went to Slidell High for 3 years now & I couldn’t be happier with the way those 3 years have went. The teachers and staff are respectful, intelligent, and understanding to all students, no matter what grade you’re in. If your having a bad day, your class counselor is always there & ready to talk it out with you, if not, he/she will make sure to get back to you. If your struggling in a class, Slidell High offers morning study sessions (that take place before school) for those who need extra help. All the mark events are fun & made towhere everyone (no matter what age or class your in) has fun. Slidell High also gave 100 students a free pass to attend the ACT boot camp, which is normally 50$, this is impressed me. It showed they truly care about their students! Another great thing is Slidell High allows for parents to take part in activities held at the school (volunteering, supervising dances, & becoming apart of the PTA).
I have been in school since Freshman year through Senior year and for me is the best high school because they have the best teachers and administration, they help you reach your goals, they offers many opportunities, you can take credits for school and colleges, you can get certifications that after school you can go and find a job and start earning money until you get to college and study for you really want, slidell high school offers you many opportunities as a CNA, EMT, Electricians, Digital, Music & Art. Slidell high school have the sufficient materials for each careers that they offer. One thing that I don’t like from Slidell is the food, in my opinion is not the healthiest food for student, they almost give the same food everyday.