Sleepy Hollow High School is a top rated, public school located in Sleepy Hollow, NY. It has 831 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 99% of students are at least proficient in math and 96% in reading.
Sleepy Hollow High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+79 Students
- A-71 Students
- A-64 Students
- A64 Students
- A+63 Students
- B-55 Students
- B+50 Students
- A+49 Students
- A-48 Students
- B43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.23 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.23 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.28 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.28 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.35 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.35 responses
Schools like Sleepy Hollow High School
- ANew Rochelle High School
- New Rochelle City School District, NY
- 521 reviews
- ANyack Senior High School
- Nyack Union Free School District, NY
- 154 reviews
- A+White Plains Senior High School
- White Plains City School District, NY
- 369 reviews
- AOssining High School
- Ossining Union Free School District, NY
- 218 reviews
Sleepy Hollow High School Reviews
The academics aren't horrible at this school but it's not the best. If you study well, the academics here will be enough for you to get into a good university. Clubs are underfunded. Even though the school tries hard to be inclusive, the students are fake to each other. Each grade is split up into the students who take honors and AP courses and the students who take regular classes. People who normally don't interact with each other will never do so. Although the lunch staff works diligently to provide food, the lunch is awful. Personally, I have encountered students who have gotten food poisoning from the school lunch.There is a lack of diversity in honors and AP courses. The overall diversity of the school is good. There are some award winning teachers who teach at this school. If you want your child to come to this school, make sure they stick with the right crowd because the kids at this school are very different from each other.
Sleepy Hollow High School is a pretty average school. However, lately, it has been going downhill. There must have more of a tighter grip on how they discipline their students, our students have been out of control. There are cases of bullying, racism and overall mean children. However, this follows in any school you go to. The lunchrooms are segregated into little cliques. The food needs MAJOR IMPROVEMENTS, its just awful to look at and even to take a bite of. I could go on and on about how bad the lunch is literally students eat from vending machines all day long. And they even eat a whole sandwich in the back of the class and there have been ants and mice (mice - not so recent ). Our students would eat anything other than lunch. There are very good parts of the school however in the sense of faculty, school spirit, and enrichment. But I would like to see these changes implemented in these coming years.
The Sleepy Hollow High School Experience is like no other. One of the things that makes us very unique is the diversity in the school! Everyone is from various parts of the world, yet we all get along and have a good time. Another thing thats great about Sleepy Hollow High School as I've heard from current alums in college is how the teachers prepare you for college. Our school culture is one thing that makes us different from the rest. Being in Sleepy Hollow during October is sure a treat. We attract a lot of tourists and our spirit week is in October. That includes getting ready for the big homecoming football game on saturday, getting together as a grade and decorating the hallways and dressed up according to what theme it is that day. We are nationally recognized because of our mascot The Headless Horseman. Only thing I would change is the food, the food is average.