Slaton High School is an above average, public school located in Slaton, TX. It has 351 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 82% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Slaton High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-124 Students
- B-88 Students
- A+48 Students
- B47 Students
- B44 Students
- A+30 Students
- B-24 Students
- A24 Students
- A23 Students
- B+20 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.8 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.8 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 12 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.11 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.11 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.11 responses
Schools like Slaton High School
- BCoronado High School
- Lubbock Independent School District, TX
- 264 reviews
- B-Southland School
- Southland Independent School District, TX
- 46 reviews
- A-Idalou High School
- Idalou Independent School District, TX
- 86 reviews
- C+Wilson School
- Wilson Independent School District, TX
- PK, K-12
- 4 reviews
Slaton High School Reviews
I have loved my overall experience at Slaton High School, we have some the best teachers, and the very best superintendent, Mrs. Becker. I also enjoy our ECHS program, and our superintendent always makes sure that the small funds we do get, get dispersed as evenly as possibly throughout our different extracurricular activities. (sports, band, and the arts) The only thing I wish was different was the participation of students in really any school spirit activities.
Slaton high school is a good school to go to. Most people say that Slaton is a bad town and has poor schooling, but we don't we are very smart. Our teacher will stay late or even go to the school earlier then they are suppose to. Our teacher and principal will go out of our ways to help solve a problem. I have had a lot of help from my principal and teachers in the past two years. They are there to listen to what I have to say and try to help me get through the tough times. They give good advice and know who each and every person in Slaton high school
There are many options for after school activities at Slaton High School. The different clubs and organizations vary enough to interest several different students. A Chop Shop is currently building two motor bikes to raffle off at the end of the school year, and there is an art club that is dedicated to enhancing the aesthetics of the school building in an effort to make it feel less "hospitalized". Although I only participate in National Honor Society and Yearbook, I am often able to marvel at the different accomplishments of our school while recording the events for the the yearbook.