Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC+
- Health & SafetyB
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Skyview High School is an above average, public school located in Nampa, ID. It has 1,353 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 18 to 1. According to state test scores, 31% of students are at least proficient in math and 62% in reading.
Skyview High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B345 Students
- B-179 Students
- C149 Students
- A-146 Students
- B+103 Students
- B102 Students
- B+97 Students
- A+88 Students
- B+72 Students
- A61 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 78 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.37 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.48 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.48 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.54 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.54 responses
Skyview High School Reviews
Skyview is a great school! Its various and high level classes enable high achieving students to take many various college and career based classes. Some students even manage to graduate Highschool with an associates degree, because of all of the college courses available. Most of the teachers are very good and try hard to teach the students. Some of the downsides of attending Skyview is that some of the teachers do not try, and as a result, the class is lack luster. However, many of the same classes are taught by different teachers, and the student counselors are very willing to help you get in the best class. The size of Skyview is great because it is easy to find a group of people you fit in with. It is not great though, because you rarely get alot of classes with friends, and it's hard to connect more with your other peers
I only recently moved to Skyview High School but I have already experienced the exceptional environment. Each teacher isn't just there to give information, but is there to help every individual succeed. One of the unique things about Skyview is their passing periods, I have been to four other high schools and none have had passing periods with music and I love it! I believe that having music in the halls during passing periods contributes to a positive environment and helps students know how much time they have left as the music stops about a minute before the bell rings. Lastly, I've been very impressed with Skyview's counselors. When signing up for classes, my counselor did everything she could to help me get the classes I wanted and helping me know what was best for me. The career counselors have been spectacular as they are there to provide help with scholarships, college information, and concurrent classes. Skyview High School has given me a great experience!
Overall, Skyview works hard to create a safe and healthy atmosphere. The admin and teachers are phenomenal and very caring. However, there is a big focus on sports, and lack of such in the arts programs. While our band has improved greatly, our orchestra program is very underfunded and struggling. Our music programs can no longer perform in our auditorium, as our numbers have increased greatly. It seems as though our district, continually gives money to areas that are already well funded, instead of areas like the arts, that need more funding. While Skyview is overall very inclusive and has wonderful special ed teachers, I have noticed that music is not extended towards Skyview students with different needs. This is saddening to me, as I have seen the impacts of music firsthand. I would love to see an increase in inclusiveness for our special needs community.