Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB+
- Clubs & ActivitiesC-
- Health & SafetyA-
- Resources & FacilitiesC
SkyView Academy is an above average, public, charter school located in Highlands Ranch, CO. It has 1,263 students in grades PK, K-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 54% of students are at least proficient in math and 61% in reading.
SkyView Academy Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-50 Students
- A-32 Students
- B-30 Students
- B-26 Students
- B-25 Students
- B21 Students
- A-21 Students
- B-20 Students
- A+18 Students
- A-17 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.9 responses
Cost is for the most complete schedule offered and may have changed for the current school year. For more information, please contact the school.
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like SkyView Academy
- ASTEM School Highlands Ranch
- Douglas County School District No. RE-1, CO
- 54 reviews
- A-Collegiate Academy of Colorado
- Jefferson County School District No. R-1, CO
- 62 reviews
- A-DSST: Green Valley Ranch High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 67 reviews
- B-KIPP Denver Collegiate High School
- Denver Public Schools, CO
- 88 reviews
SkyView Academy Reviews
Overall a great school and would highly recommend attending! The school faculty and teachers are the kindest and the most helpful and develop close relationships with the students. The environment is also very nice, where everyone is social and get to know each other! The academics are challenging and college-prepped so that students are able to get ready to choose which college or university they want to go to. And finally, their activities and clubs are very interactive and enjoyable!
SkyView has been the worst. SkyView has been the best. Like many other high schoolers, high school was not a breeze. I would describe it as a thunderstorm with elements of hail and heavy fog, never being able to look ahead. Between amazing teachers and accepting counselors, I will never be able to forget this place. My favorite classes BY FAR were American Literature and Honors Latin 3. My Literature teacher was engaging but managed to keep everyone entertained with dry humor and terrible drawings of the monster woman archetype. I loved Latin 3! The two of us in that class had to share the period with Latin 1 & 2 but managed to juggle all three grade levels. I've made some of the best relationships with teachers I have ever had and it has been a great experience.
I have not had any issues at SkyView. My teachers are all supportive and help me with my needs. I have even been able to connect with my teachers with outside projects and school trips! Approaching my senior year, I have noticed all of the steps they have made throughout the years to help me prepare for college. They plan college fairs and career fairs to help prepare us. While the athletic scene may not be as exciting as other schools, we still make it a fun environment. If there is not a club that you want, they would welcome your ideas to start one up as well.