Skyline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A517 Students
- B+164 Students
- A+149 Students
- B+100 Students
- C+95 Students
- B-81 Students
- B61 Students
- A+60 Students
- A+49 Students
- A+43 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.30 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.30 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 77 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.42 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.42 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.61 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.60 responses
Skyline High School Reviews
I was a student at Skyline High School, but I was not in the school boundaries. However, I attended Skyline for their IB Program, and it was a great experience. I was 100% ready for college. I graduated from Skyline in 2016, and my first semester was breeze. The IB Program is difficult, but definitely worth it. All of the staff at Skyline were great! They were able to address any questions or concerns I had quickly, and they were all friendly. They truly care about their students' success and it shows.
Overall I would say it was a fair experience. The IB program gave me a fairly restrictive schedule but I got to take most of the classes I wanted to take. Some of the teachers were bad so I had to self study a lot in some classes other were phenomenal and I learned a lot simply being an engaged student in class. Honestly, Skyline High School lacked diversity, sure there are several ethnic groups in Skyline but they all sort of stick together. The environment wasn't as open and diverse as it claimed to be. I consider myself a really open minded person and I love to learn about different cultures and perspectives so my friend group is really diverse. I think the more diverse your friend group is the more cultured you become. I feel like a more informed person after spending time with them. I wish I had the opportunity of more hands on class setting but I only got this kind of setting through CNA at the Granite Technical Institute.
The academics are really good. A wide range of classes are offered with varying levels of intensity, and numerous areas and specific classes for electives. The majority of the teachers I've had have been helpful and are willing to work with students. The student body is also very energetic and fun for the most part, and there are great activities during the year like spirit week, which really boosts student morale. However, being a player on the softball team, I do wish there was more funding and better attention given to the softball team.