Skyline High School is a top rated, public school located in Salt Lake City, UT. It has 1,483 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 25 to 1. According to state test scores, 58% of students are at least proficient in math and 56% in reading.
Skyline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A672 Students
- B+237 Students
- A+203 Students
- B+138 Students
- B-126 Students
- C+122 Students
- A+85 Students
- B80 Students
- A+70 Students
- C+59 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.33 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.33 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 89 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.59 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.59 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.64 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.63 responses
Skyline High School Reviews
Skyline High School has passionate and dedicated teachers that support the success of their students. I have enjoyed the challenging classes and, overall, the school has a positive atmosphere and culture. Fortunately, the school will be remodeled/rebuilt within the next few years because the age of the school has been showing!
I love this school! It's welcoming and it offers many different clubs, sports and opportunities. It also offers the international baccalaureate program, which is greatly supported. The staff, teachers and counselors excel and you really receive a quality education.
Administrators don't always put students first. Some great teachers. Some are just so so. The IB program makes the school a strong academic choice but many teachers don't support it and make it difficult for students who want to participate. Overall, the school is pretty good, could do a lot of little things to make it great. There is diversity because of the IB program, but the surrounding community isn't very diverse. Students are quite tolerant of each other and I find the student body to be welcoming to a variety of different types of students.