grade B minus
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade B minus
- Diversitygrade B+
- Teachersgrade C minus
- College Prepgrade B
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade B
- Health & Safetygrade B minus
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade B
- Foodgrade B
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade B+
Skyline High School is a public school located in Front Royal, VA. It has 862 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Skyline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A98 Students
- grade A+86 Students
- grade B+79 Students
- grade A+71 Students
- grade B+52 Students
- grade A+48 Students
- grade C44 Students
- grade B44 Students
- grade B39 Students
- grade B25 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade unavailable
- Good for Familiesgrade unavailable
- Housinggrade unavailable
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
grade B minus
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 8 responses
- Homecoming Bonfire25%
- Spirit Week25%
- Pep rallies13%
- Playing softball with my team13%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 5 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$15,560 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 5 responses
Schools like Skyline High School
- grade C+Warren County High School
- Warren County Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 78 reviews
- grade BRappahannock County High School
- Rappahannock County Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.33 out of 5 33 reviews
- grade C+Strasburg High School
- Shenandoah County Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.25 out of 5 80 reviews
- grade B+Sherando High School
- Frederick County Public Schools, VA
- Rating 3.75 out of 5 278 reviews
Skyline High School Reviews
Rating 4.11 out of 5 54 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
As a 9th grader at Skyline High School, I have enjoyed my experience so far this year. The teachers and staff are so helpful and genuinely care about what is best for their students. The school has a great athletics program and offers many clubs/activities. The campus still looks very new, even though it is 10+ years old. There is a great football field with mountain views, which is great for Friday Night Lights! There are on site officers which make the students feel safe.
I enjoyed some of my time at Skyline High School, however, I think most of us can relate and agree that "high school is high school." I am now in college, and I must say that my college experience has been wonderful. However, I will always appreciate the people and wonderful teachers I had during my time in high school. I had my ups and downs and not all departments are the best, but there was always someone that you could turn to. I believe Skyline should take diversity into consideration and be more open about introducing diversity to the students, also paying more attention to their science and specifically math departments, although there were unique programs that were offered to us that other high schools did not offer. Overall, I would say my experience in high school was average, but I am appreciative of the education I received.
I have had a wonderful high school experience at Skyline. I have a GPA of 3.9 and have earned academic honor each year since 2017. The support of the faculty and staff are tremendous. I have played three sports, basketball, softball and volleyball. I am a Honor Society member and a member of other various clubs. The school offers many outlets to allow you to become a well rounded individual. The knowledge I have gained at Skyline High School will enable me to become an influential teacher and coach, acting as a role model for my students in the future. I feel that I am prepared for the next step in my education and will continue to grow until I reach the plateau of success.