Skyline High School is a public school located in Front Royal, VA. It has 1,084 students in grades 8-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 51% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Skyline High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A75 Students
- A+64 Students
- A-59 Students
- A+55 Students
- B+42 Students
- A+38 Students
- B34 Students
- C32 Students
- B30 Students
- B19 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.5 responses
Schools like Skyline High School
- CWarren County High School
- Warren County Public Schools, VA
- 73 reviews
- B-Rappahannock County High School
- Rappahannock County Public Schools, VA
- 30 reviews
- CStrasburg High School
- Shenandoah County Public Schools, VA
- 69 reviews
- A-Sherando High School
- Frederick County Public Schools, VA
- 242 reviews
Skyline High School Reviews
Skyline is a very good public high school with excellent students, faculty and staff. The school spirit is amazing compared to the schools in the area, and the faculty tries very hard to connect with the students. The dual enrolled courses at Skyline heavily prepare the students for college. The school is fairly diverse. This school is very safe, as everyone in the school is very comfortable with everything to do with safety. There are plenty of options when it comes to extracurriculars, weather you are interested in any clubs or sports. Overall, this is a very good school with a lot of positives.
The administration and staff are awesome. They go out of their way to help and be there for the student if they are having trouble or need help with anything. My experience in band has been amazing, but our little school could use more funds for the arts (theater and band). It is frustrating to have to use old equipment and old uniforms, when the football team gets new/different uniforms all the time. Band (music) creates an environment of family, team, talent, discipline just as a team sport such as football. We are serious about our music and about our education, yet our program receives no help at all. It's very hard to compete with other schools when we cannot keep up with instruments and things we need to achieve excellence in the area of music.
I wish the teachers would help students in a more interactive way. Certain subjects are hard due to the pure fact that a teacher isn't invested. For example, pre calculus at my school is harder than calculus just because of the ability of the teacher! However, I love my school, and think it is a good environment for learning overall.