Skyline High School Rankings
Niche ranks over 14,000 public high schools based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A+244 Students
- A+161 Students
- B-73 Students
- A+47 Students
- A+41 Students
- A+41 Students
- B-40 Students
- B33 Students
- B+31 Students
- A+30 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.20 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.20 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 86 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.25 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.25 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.39 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.39 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.38 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.38 responses
Skyline High School Reviews
Review Skyline High School
I enjoyed the diversity at Skyline High School, but what I loved most about the school was the athletics program. Not only did the program have a place for every athlete, but there were always openings for those who had interest in any sort of exercise. The head coach was always willing and able to assist in the ways he could. If I had to start over and choose Skyline again, I would. I might change the fact that I did not go into a magnet program and expand my knowledge further into the medical field. I would recommend Skyline High School to any who have the choice between Skyline and Pioneer.
Many of the teachers at Skyline High School are more than willing to go the extra mile for any student to make sure they understand the course material. The teachers open their classrooms to students during their free periods and during lunch for extra support if needed. Along with typical lectures, many of the lessons at are interactive which engages the students on different levels. Not only does the student have easy access to communicate with the teachers, parents are able to know how their kids are doing in the class room with a click away by email. Four years at Skyline with the faculty I had classes with fully prepared me for the next level of education at the colligate level.
Skyline is pretty good for a public school. There are some great teachers in the science department and a good range of challenging classes (AP). The problem with the APs is that you either have to take a super hard AP class or you are stuck in blow off classes. The magnet courses are okay however my friends have been complaining about CMPP recently. The music program is lacking in comparison to Pioneer and Huron and the orchestra director is bad at communication. The student body is generally not cliquy and I have not had any problems with bullying. The one bad thing about the students are they are super competitive. Everyone is judged on what college they get into and anything less than the University of Michigan is considered dumb. The bathrooms are awful. There is no water pressure in the sinks so you can't wash your hands. The food is pretty bad as well.