Skaneateles Senior High School is a highly rated, public school located in Skaneateles, NY. It has 485 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 15 to 1. According to state test scores, 95% of students are at least proficient in math and 95% in reading.
Skaneateles Senior High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A49 Students
- A+40 Students
- A+31 Students
- B+27 Students
- A+24 Students
- A-22 Students
- A+22 Students
- A+20 Students
- B20 Students
- B19 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.9 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.9 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.10 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.12 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.12 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.12 responses
Schools like Skaneateles Senior High School
- A-Charles W. Baker High School
- Baldwinsville Central School District, NY
- 189 reviews
- A-Marcellus High School
- Marcellus Central School District, NY
- 73 reviews
- AWest Genesee Senior High School
- West Genesee Central School District, NY
- 128 reviews
- A-Westhill High School
- Westhill Central School District, NY
- 104 reviews
Skaneateles Senior High School Reviews
The teachers are great at what they do, the location of the school is awesome. You could not feel any safer when attending school there. They practice fire drills, lock down drills, etc, just to make sure everybody is on the same page and knows exactly what to do if an emergency does come about. Skaneateles varsity sports have shown their great potential by winning multiple state championships and then more league and regional championships; such as football, boys ice hockey, girls ice hockey, girls basketball, etc. The music and drama programs are outstanding, every play and concert I attended, I was astonished on how well every person was, individually and as a whole. Skaneateles also has quite a few students who have disabilities. The program is incredible, for sure the best in the area.
The teachers and staff here are very involved, and they truly seem to have their students best interests at heart; be it academically or personally. Moving here my junior year was difficult, but it would have been infinitely harder without the resources I had for help. The guidance office makes applying to colleges so simple, they have answers for everything. The students truly have a voice in what happens at this school - our opinion matters.
The teachers were thoughtful, and always put in extra hours to spend time with their students. The school system was very competitive, and had members from the athletics department, education department, and musical department excel above and beyond many of the surrounding area's schools.