Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepB
- Clubs & ActivitiesB+
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesA-
Sizer School is an above average, public, charter school located in Fitchburg, MA. It has 369 students in grades 7-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 9 to 1. According to state test scores, 36% of students are at least proficient in math and 60% in reading.
Sizer School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C+33 Students
- A26 Students
- A+19 Students
- C+18 Students
- B+18 Students
- B17 Students
- C+14 Students
- A+13 Students
- A+12 Students
- A+10 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
- More opinions are needed to display this poll.Take our surveyto add your opinion.
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Sizer School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.3 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.3 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.4 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.4 responses
Schools like Sizer School
- A-Francis W. Parker Charter Essential School
- Public School
- Devens, MA
- 53 reviews
- BFitchburg High School
- Fitchburg Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 90 reviews
- BLeominster High School
- Leominster Public Schools, MA
- 139 reviews
- BClinton Senior High School
- Clinton Public Schools, MA
- PK, 9-12
- 43 reviews
Sizer School Reviews
I am currently enrolled in Sizer School, and it has come a long, long way since being in the old Notre Dame school building. The food is still mediocre, but edible, the teachers are some of the best I have ever had the pleasure to be taught by, and the people (any grade above 8th) are kind and understanding. The only problem is when 7th and 8th join sizer, they don't get what this school is about, so they think they can act like Fitchburg Public School kids and get away with it. This school has changed me from the weird, reclusive kid who reads books into an outgoing person who is on the rise to be a professional yoyoer. I love this school and the community it has. Also the academics are different from regular schools. 8/10 would recommend.
The small class sizes allowed for unique one on one learning experiences and the building was brand new which provided a very sophisticated learning environment, overall I had a very good experience I met plenty of kind, loving people, and I learned the skills necessary to succeed in life.
I loved going here! The students really have a voice in their education, and their learning can be fit costumed to their needs! There's a lot of school spirit, from monthly community meetings, to our various varsity sport team.