Six Rivers Charter High School is a public, charter school located in Arcata, CA. It has 96 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 17 to 1.
Six Rivers Charter High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- C-16 Students
- B10 Students
- A+7 Students
- A+7 Students
- A7 Students
- B-6 Students
- A-6 Students
- C-5 Students
- B-5 Students
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.9 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.9 responses
Schools like Six Rivers Charter High School
- NGLaurel Tree Charter School
- Northern Humboldt Union High School District, CA
- B-Alder Grove Charter School
- South Bay Union Elementary School District (Eureka), CA
- 7 reviews
- NGPacific View Charter School
- Loleta Union Elementary School District, CA
- 1 review
- ANorthcoast Preparatory & Performing Arts Academy
- Public School
- Arcata, CA
- 31 reviews
Six Rivers Charter High School Reviews
In my four years at Six Rivers Charter, I never felt as if the level of education was fully up to par. I feel as though certain classes at Six Rivers were lower level when compared to other high schools. I do really appreciate most of the staff, as they made an effort to connect with the students and assist them in not only school, but personal problems as well. I notice that the average level of intelligence among the student body was much lower than that of the high school that we shared a campus with.
I really enjoy that Six Rivers is connected to Arcata High School because we are offered classes at both schools. This gives us the advantage of having smaller, general education classes and also the option of larger, more specific classes. I also enjoy that Arcata Arts Institute is offered for Six Rivers Students.
There are a few good extracurricular opportunities including language clubs, arts clubs, music groups, student government, Native American Club, and the school newspaper. Commitment and admin support varies by club, but I would say that most admin support goes to student government and the school newspaper.