Siuslaw High School is a public school located in Florence, OR. It has 443 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 19 to 1. According to state test scores, 42% of students are at least proficient in math and 67% in reading.
Siuslaw High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A-45 Students
- A-38 Students
- C35 Students
- B15 Students
- NG14 Students
- B-13 Students
- A12 Students
- B-11 Students
- B+9 Students
- A+8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.5 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.5 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 18 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.7 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Siuslaw High School Reviews
With a town as small as Florence, OR, everyone knows each other. While this can be a good thing, at Siuslaw it was not. More drama and rumors and staff playing favorites than you'd get at another school. But if you played sports, you were all set for success! Especially since your coach is also your writing or health teacher. Siuslaw has a great selection of electives, however. Cullinary, a great automotive class, art, music, etc.
The majority of the teachers are great and others are strange. The building is greatly deteriorated, we often times have no heat, there is asbestos in the walls, water damage throughout the school district, and poor ventilation, especially in the science classrooms. We have poor or limited resources for academics, clubs, and athletics. Most textbooks are falling apart and outdated. Learning materials such as microscopes, are limited and falling apart. Funding for sports programs is largely based on donations from the community or out of pocket.
The academics taught at Siuslaw High School are limited, but those classes the school does offer typically include AP, Honors, and college credit courses. The teachers are passionate and genuinely interested in teaching the students. However, the budget is strapped, and the variety of courses available is very small. The school hosts a volunteer ran Aspire college readiness program. The daily lunches are organic and free and reduced lunches are offered. Softball, basketball, volleyball, baseball and football are offered by the school, as well as track and field.