Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepC+
- Clubs & ActivitiesB-
- Health & SafetyB+
- Resources & FacilitiesC+
Sioux Valley High School is a public school located in Volga, SD. It has 197 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 16 to 1. According to state test scores, 65% of students are at least proficient in math and 75% in reading.
Sioux Valley High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+51 Students
- B+23 Students
- B17 Students
- B-16 Students
- A+8 Students
- B-7 Students
- B7 Students
- A5 Students
- B-5 Students
- B5 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.7 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.7 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 5 responsesReport
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.5 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.6 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.6 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.7 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.7 responses
Sioux Valley High School Reviews
Most of the teachers are super nice and helpful! When it comes tot he students most of us have known each other since kindergarten so friendships run deep but new students fit right in.
Overall, I am pleased with my experience at Sioux Valley High School. Sioux Valley is known to excel in sports. Although there is not a vast selection of sports to participate in, most of the coaches for the available sports are talented and experienced. There are a few teachers who could put more effort into their teaching, however it is understandable that they are not let go due to the lack of teachers in South Dakota. The majority of the teachers at Sioux Valley High School are dedicated and clearly passionate about their jobs.
I would like to see academics treated as well as athletics are. Not everything in your future is dependent on how athletic you are. Some people don't have a future in athletics, and it's ridiculous to treat athletics like a priority.