Sioux Center High School is an above average, public school located in Sioux Center, IA. It has 346 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 14 to 1. According to state test scores, 92% of students are at least proficient in math and 82% in reading.
Sioux Center High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- B+31 Students
- A26 Students
- A25 Students
- B+22 Students
- B19 Students
- B+17 Students
- B+16 Students
- B16 Students
- B12 Students
- B8 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they feel safe at their school.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.Take our survey
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.Take our survey
- We don't have enough responses to know if students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.Take our survey
More opinions are needed!
Write a review to add yours.Review Sioux Center High School
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.8 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.8 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.8 responses
Schools like Sioux Center High School
- AMOC-Floyd Valley High School
- MOC Floyd Valley Community School District, IA
- 100 reviews
- BBoyden-Hull High School
- Boyden-Hull Community School District, IA
- 23 reviews
- BRock Valley Junior/Senior High School
- Rock Valley Community School District, IA
- 48 reviews
- B-West Sioux High School
- West Sioux Community School District, IA
- 6 reviews
Sioux Center High School Reviews
Sioux Center High School is a great school. The district as a whole is very intentional in reaching out to their students and making sure they get the best possible education. The activities available to students to participate in show diversity and encourage students to be overall well-rounded. Teachers are great at providing and teaching material that is applicable to the students and prepares them for the future. The community as a whole is good at supporting their school district and letting their students know that they are their as encouragement.
There are many great teacher in our school, however, their are some teachers that I am unable to connect with. There are a lot a teachers who are trying to find different way to reach to students. With the new grading, I feel that teachers don't know who to grade that new style. Standard Base Grading (SBG) is not understood by many of the students, teachers and other staff. I feel that Standard Base Grading is not efficient in the school, as of right now, and I believe in order to improve the school, the school needs to solve the problems of SBG. The teachers are many teachers who are knowledgeable, and want to make each and every student grow as human beings.
We just put in a state-of-the-art library/resource room. It has amazing computer abilities that most teachers are just learning about. Even the chairs and work areas are super cool. Parents had a lot to do with this. Also, I am taking several college classes, one online. They really encourage that!