Simsbury High School
- SIMSBURY, CT
Overall Niche Grade
- Academicsgrade A+
- Diversitygrade B
- Teachersgrade A
- College Prepgrade A
- Clubs & Activitiesgrade A+
- Health & Safetygrade A
- Administrationgrade B
- Sportsgrade A+
- Foodgrade B+
- Resources & Facilitiesgrade A minus
Simsbury High School is a top rated, public school located in SIMSBURY, CT. It has 1,330 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 71% of students are at least proficient in math and 86% in reading.
Simsbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Percent Proficient - Reading
Percent Proficient - Math
Average Graduation Rate
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- grade A443 Students
- grade A+157 Students
- grade A+128 Students
- grade B124 Students
- grade B minus115 Students
- grade A+108 Students
- grade A minus101 Students
- grade A99 Students
- grade A+98 Students
- grade B95 Students
Map is loading
View Homes Near Simsbury High School
Note: School map boundaries may have changed for the current school year so please contact your school district to verify school assignment for your child.
Living in the Area
Overall Niche Grade
- Cost of Livinggrade C+
- Good for Familiesgrade A+
- Housinggrade B+
Median Household Income
Median Home Value
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school. 40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there. 40 responses
What are your favorite school events or traditions?
Based on 113 responses
- Football games16%
- Pep Rally12%
- Homecoming Game12%
- Basketball Games7%
- Winter Musical7%
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy. 45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic. 45 responses
Average Teacher Salary
Teachers in First/Second Year
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students. 56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom. 56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
$20,197 / year
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need. 57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations. 57 responses
Schools like Simsbury High School
- grade A+Avon High School
- Avon School District, CT
- Rating 3.73 out of 5 202 reviews
- grade A+Glastonbury High School
- Glastonbury Public Schools, CT
- Rating 4.03 out of 5 472 reviews
- grade A+Farmington High School
- Farmington School District, CT
- Rating 3.86 out of 5 256 reviews
- grade ACanton High School
- Canton School District, CT
- Rating 3.54 out of 5 90 reviews
Simsbury High School Reviews
Rating 3.96 out of 5 336 reviews
Selecting a category below will take you to another page
Simsbury High School is what I would consider to be a good school, in the sense that many teachers will go out of their way to make sure that students are performing well and are helping them whenever possible. Obviously there will be some outliers but when isn't there. A problem though is that the administration doesn't take too much student input into consideration with an example of what would've been a schedule change. If you asked any student, they'd say it was bad and that they were against it, but nonetheless, they kept pushing it and it would've been enacted if it weren't for recent problems with COVID causing an alter of the old schedule to allow for safer passage throughout the school, but that is my only real complaint.
Academically, Simsbury High school is a great place to be. The administration really cares about grades and school ranking. Unfortunately, being a student here is honestly saddening. There is almost no sense of togetherness or community. The school is divided, the classes are divided. Students don't feel comfortable enough to be themselves. Instead of addressing mental health and the incredible amount of discrimination that goes on, administration makes more rules, restricting their students tenfold. If you aren't white, don't even bother succeeding here. You will always be an after thought.
Simsbury High School offers a lot of great opportunities for all students ; whether it has to do with sports and music performing arts. They also offer a lot of world language classes with different levels and that is for academic classes as well. My experience at Simsbury High School was good, they offer a of different opportunities. But one thing I would change or make better is the lack of diversity and representation in the school (as in teachers who have different backgrounds).