Overall Niche Grade
- College PrepA
- Clubs & ActivitiesA
- Health & SafetyA
- Resources & FacilitiesB+
Simsbury High School is a top rated, public school located in Simsbury, CT. It has 1,392 students in grades 9-12 with a student-teacher ratio of 13 to 1. According to state test scores, 77% of students are at least proficient in math and 89% in reading.
Simsbury High School Rankings
Niche ranks nearly 100,000 schools and districts based on statistics and millions of opinions from students and parents.
Niche users from this school are most interested in the following colleges.
- A427 Students
- A+142 Students
- A+122 Students
- B121 Students
- B-107 Students
- A+97 Students
- A96 Students
- B94 Students
- A91 Students
- A+91 Students
Culture & Safety
Health & Safety
Based on chronic student absenteeism, suspensions/expulsions, and survey responses on the school environment from students and parents.
- of students agree that they feel safe at their school.40 responses
- of students agree that they like their school and feel happy there.40 responses
Based on racial and economic diversity and survey responses on school culture and diversity from students and parents.
Free or Reduced Lunch
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are competitive.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are creative and artsy.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that students at this school are athletic.45 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers give engaging lessons.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers genuinely care about the students.56 responses
- of students and parents agree that the teachers adequately lead and control the classroom.56 responses
Clubs & Activities
Clubs & Activities
Based on student and parent reviews of clubs and activities.
Girls Athletic Participation
Boys Athletic Participation
Expenses Per Student
- of students and parents agree that there are plenty of clubs and organizations for students to get involved in.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that clubs and organizations get the funding they need.57 responses
- of students and parents agree that lots of students participate in clubs and organizations.57 responses
Simsbury High School Reviews
Academically, Simsbury High school is a great place to be. The administration really cares about grades and school ranking. Unfortunately, being a student here is honestly saddening. There is almost no sense of togetherness or community. The school is divided, the classes are divided. Students don't feel comfortable enough to be themselves. Instead of addressing mental health and the incredible amount of discrimination that goes on, administration makes more rules, restricting their students tenfold. If you aren't white, don't even bother succeeding here. You will always be an after thought.
Simsbury High School offers a lot of great opportunities for all students ; whether it has to do with sports and music performing arts. They also offer a lot of world language classes with different levels and that is for academic classes as well. My experience at Simsbury High School was good, they offer a of different opportunities. But one thing I would change or make better is the lack of diversity and representation in the school (as in teachers who have different backgrounds).
Having moved cross country halfway through a school year, the school worked really hard to get me acclimated to my new school so I could succeed. The school offers a plethora of electives that allow students to truly explore their interests at a pre-collegiate level. It is a rigorous academic environment and students work hard to earn their grades. They are very proud of the high scores achieved on standardized testing. Like other high schools, there is room for improvement regarding inclusion and respect for differing opinions.